Sunday, December 17, 2023

Taking the Time-Lapsed Video of Dong Kinh Nghia Thuc Square from Cong Caphe in Hanoi [Vietnam]

Cong Caphe was no stranger as I visited one of its branches on my first trip to Vietnam back in 2022. While I had an intent to get one of its signature beverages, my objective was this visit was non-food/drink related.

After ordering a drink, I proceeded up the stairs to secure a space. This time round, I was solo and by right, it shouldn't be that difficult to find one chair in the green themed coffee house.

However, I need a space that overlooked the Dong Kinh Nghia Thuc Square! This would enable me to take a time-lapsed video but demand for such outdoor seats can be quite high. 

Going up another floor; luckier this time as the sun had hit the "balcony" space and only crazy people like me would want to be shined upon and 'cooked'. Oh well, I figured half an hour wouldn't be that bad.

And as it was cloudy in Hanoi, the sun remained pretty hidden most of the times I was there. Remember the building in the picture above? That's the Shark Jaw building, where we had our first dinner in one of the eateries; Vua Chả Cá.

Delivery of my drink; the coconut green rice at 65,000 dong. As mentioned in my post here, this was delicious and I am glad to highlight that the ice was much better blended as compared to the one I had in HCMC

Time-lapsed video for your viewing pleasure! 

Always finds it challenging to go down such narrow staircase and it's actually common in Vietnam. It's just a matter of time for me to have an accident if I were to visit Vietnam more often in the future! 

=====

Address 
116 P. Cầu Gỗ, Hàng Trống, 
Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.


No comments:

Post a Comment