Sunday, December 10, 2023

The Pine Farm & Cafe next to Khlong Lat Mayom Floating Market in Bangkok [Thailand]

We were looking for an air-conditioned place to chill after our boat tour at Khlong Lat Mayom Floating Market and Google Maps pointed us to the The Pine Farm & Cafe right across the commercialized waterway.  

To be frank, I wasn't expecting too much from the cafe as cafe hopping wasn't really my cup of tea. The allure of the air-conditioning was definitely a huge draw. 

I was wonder what the farm meant and the answer was evident right after we stepped past the main gate; an enclosure of some kind that inferred that this would likely be an animal farm.

And here they are; the giant tortoise! They were fortunate to have already sought refuge under shelter as it started storming after we arrived. 

Another enclosure; albeit an aviary.
Let's check it out! 

So many adorable, and friendly rabbits! I couldn't resist sending videos and pictures to my family and my younger sister was so excited; she decided to include this cafe on her next trip to Bangkok! 

p.s. such animal farms might not appeal to everyone. There would always be ethical questions. Were the rabbits friendly or they were hungry? I did notice there's a notice indicating the sale of bird and rabbit feed at 20 baht from the cafe.

Cacti garden! 

And a sale gallery for cacti. This reminded me of those cacti farms in Cameron Highlands; my last trip was a few years ago, before the pandemic. Maybe I should plan for another trip there soon! 

Finally inside the cafe; which was like a converted green house with full height windows bringing much natural sunlight into the cafe. I don't understand why it was almost devoid of customers as the air-conditioning was strong! 

Another cacti corner in the cafe.

A beautiful drawing of Bangkok, including locations of two floating markets that are near each other; Khlong Lat Mayom Floating Market and Taling Chan Floating Market! 

Mocha - since the storm wouldn't be letting anytime soon, I opted for a hot beverage so that I can slowly sip to spend the time. No complaint about the mocha.

The Pine Cheese Toast - since this had the words "the pine", we presume this would be signature. With icing powder topping the toast; what I didn't expect was how melty the cheese was!

My Thai friend was in awe! Haha. Anyway, it was not bad tasting although I prefer a sweet, instead of cheesy filling. There were other toasted bread with toppings like strawberry jam, chocolate or condensed milk. 

French Fries Cheese - in addition to a cheese dip, the fries were also sprinkled with cheese powder that literally made them into chezel like fries! Only issue? The fries weren't crispy enough. 

=====

Address
68, 1 Bang Ramat Rd, Bang Ramat, 
Taling Chan, Bangkok 10170, Thailand

Map
As above. 

Website

Menu
As above. 

Pricing
Mocha - 80 Baht
The Pine Cheese Toast - 110 Baht
French Fries Cheese - 125 Baht

No comments:

Post a Comment