Friday, May 07, 2021

Loyang Way Big Prawn Noodle (Soup & Bee Hoon) @ Hong Lim Food Centre [Chinatown, Singapore] #honglimhawkercentre

Hong Lim Food Centre is so full of delicious food that I have yet to complete trying all their popular stalls! My sister just told me of another stall with lip-smacking good char siew but today, my focus is on a prawn mee stall that came strongly recommended.

It's none other than Loyang Way Big Prawn Noodle! As the name suggests, it originates from the far eastern side of Singapore and this is its 3rd or 4th branch. The Great Kon was full of praise for it and I patronized with a tummy of excited anticipation. 

There wasn't a queue and I got my bowl of big prawn noodle with bee hoon without much delay. Standard noodle is the yellow noodle type which I generally don't fancy unless they are in char kway teow or hokkien mee.

Aside from two decent-sized prawns sliced into half, there were slices of pork, bean sprouts, an paltry amount of pork lard and a sprinkling of deep fried shallots. Seriously, the prawns shouldn't have been sliced half as it so reduced the satisfaction when one bites through.  

As can be seen, the soup was the clear kind; flavourful with a dash of spiciness and pepperiness. However, it didn't taste much of prawns and I personally feel the soup was more pork infused. Nevertheless, the bee hoon, with its ability to soak up the broth, was palatable and a joy to have! 

I went to Hong Lim Food Centre again today and Alex ordered the same prawn noodle again. Since it was in front of me, of course I had to steal a spoonful of soup. Turned out real different from my first try two weeks ago; the flavour of prawn was way more noticeable, even the colour of the soup (above) was a bit redder. 

=====

Address
531A Upper Cross St, 
Hong Lim Market & Food Centre, 
#01-64, Singapore 051531

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Big Prawn Noodle (Soup) - S$5.00

No comments:

Post a Comment