Sunday, May 16, 2021

Death of My Pinky Toenail

It's an incident happened to many and being ultra clumsy means I am a frequent victim. However, it has never been this bad; to the extent I lamented its death, with much sorrow.

The incident - hitting your pinky toenail against a hard object, be it the door, the wall etc! In my case, it was just my bed frame, which has a layer of sponge meant to cushion any accidental knocks, for safety reason.

But my pinky toe was injured; the area was in fact bruised for a few weeks. The pain was manageable and I could even continue my almost daily jog. After a while, I did notice the toenail turned a darker shade and appeared thicker. 

I knew it was dead. The same thing happened to my one of my central incisors too; it turned black and upon an appointment with school dentist, I received the verdict that the tooth was no longer alive and I would need root canal treatment and a crown. 

Don't you think this abomination wouldn't have looked out of place on a witch's feet? But it's on mine! Being itchy fingers, I attempted to remove it but there was a slight pain and I guess it's better to let nature take its course. 

Finally hanging desperately to the skin; it's hard to resist the temptation not to move it! What seemed to be okay for me elicited quite a few euuuws from my family and friends when I shared the videos with them. 

Curious to watch the video?
Click the above! 

It's out and of course I would keep it as a souvenir. Happily placed it on my computer table but it's gone today! Not sure if it's the wind from the fan. Bet I would find it in a few days' time. 

Question; what happened when the toenail "died"? I initially though no new nail would be grown although my experienced mum said it would grow and the nail would become nicer! Despite its appearance like an eye socket without the eye ball, there's indeed a nail within. Want to touch? Ask me the next time you see me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment