Thursday, May 13, 2021

Caterpillar on Corn Cob!

After the maggot incident at home, I have been extremely careful with the housekeeping! 

However, things happen when you least expect it; for example, when you find a caterpillar while removing the husk of a fresh corn cob that was wrapped with cling wrap and purchased from the supermarket just the day before. 

As the ugly youngling of a beautiful object, I am inherently not scared of caterpillars; unless they appear menacing, like with fur or spikes which could mean they are poisonous. 

Frankly, it was quite cute and I did contemplate keeping it at home so that I can monitor the progress before its elevation to a butterfly, or a moth. Problem is, I only have a money plant at home, which I am trying my best to keep alive, and having a caterpillar eating the leaves hardly improves its survival. 

Hence, it was concluded that we should bring it downstairs and place it among the many shrubs surrounding our estate. By the way, there's a website where you can identify the caterpillar and check what they would turn out to be! 

So what happened to the corn? My simple understanding is that since the caterpillar was residing in it; that means there's no pesticide and we should continue to cook it, with removal of the slightly rotting parts of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment