Sunday, May 02, 2021

Zheng Ming Drinks Stall (正明茶室) - Amazing Local Breakfast Toast Set @ Hong Lim Food Centre [Singapore] #honglimhawkercentre

Most people would be quite familiar with Hong Lim hawker centre which is right behind Chinatown Point but I bet those who are not working / staying at that area would not likely be aware that there are more food stalls at the back on the ground level. 

I was introduced to Zheng Ming Drinks Stall (正明茶室) by my elder sister a few years ago and even though I wanted to revisit; the chance never came as the stall would closed by 2pm and it doesn't operate on Sundays! 

The traditional toast set is a must order; came with two soft boiled eggs, two slices of toast and one coffee / tea! It's a bit pricey at S$4.00 a set but worth very single cent.

My kopi gao (thick) siew dai (less sugar) was smooth, aromatic, strong with just the right amount of sweetness that doesn't make me feel that I am going to be diabetic or overly bitter for my palate! 

The perfectly cooked soft boiled eggs - to be honest, I am okay not to have soft boiled eggs although the same cannot be same for Alex; he adores them and I have seen him ate four in one sitting.

You need condiments for your soft boiled eggs; pepper and dark soya sauce! Light soya sauce can do too but I always prefer the sweet aftertaste from dark soya sauce. 

Give the eggs a good mix before you have them! Alex was impressed and his actual words were "very satisfying"! Needless to say, he asked for another two more soft boiled eggs and might have ordered more if I hadn't stopped him. I need someone to share my calories and Alex with a full tummy is of no use to me.

Two pieces of toast that were sliced thinner and then toasted; resulting in a crispy texture that I super love when it comes to traditional toast! Perfection - only when a slice of cold butter was added in between and then spread with delicious custard kaya! 

Yummilicious! Compared to the green pandan kaya, orangey custard kaya was a preferred, personal choice. I initially thought the kaya was specially made but the owner candidly told me it's from a can and the brand can only be sourced from Malaysia! Whatever the case, the entire package was irresistible and I cleaned up the toasts in no time! 

=====

Address
531A Upper Cross St, 
Hong Lim Market & Food Centre, 
#01-46, Singapore 051531

Pricing
Toast Set - S$4.00

No comments:

Post a Comment