Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Yang Ji Peanut Corn Ice (楊記花生玉米冰) @ Taipei in Taiwan

With two hours to spend in Taiwan's most commercial shopping street with my dad, who is more into nature, I was honestly stuck. While I enjoy window shopping, I knew this would bore my dad. Hence, I took the most Singaporean thing. Find food. 

Thanks to the recommendation by KK, our tour guide for this 8-day Taiwan tour, we walked into Yang Ji Peanut Corn Ice eatery, which has been serving Taiwanese iced desserts for more than 60 years! And you read it right, we shall be having iced desserts in the winter months of Taiwan!

During winter month, hot desserts would be offered but since the eatery is famous for iced desserts, I don't see why I should go for hot ones, unless it was a chilly day, and it wasn't.

According to the menu, this was popular iced dessert number one. There's no English menu although I can help with some simple translation; this was supposed to be peanut corn ice with tangyuan. And I kid you not; it was a huge portion for S$4.30. 

The mini balls of tangyuan were pretty bland as expected and peanuts were the soft, saucy type instead of the crushed kind. Sweetness was less obvious on top and you would have to get to the bottom, where the sugar syrup, which tasted like the kind from ice kacang, was hidden. 

It was filling even for my dad and I, and we are considered as big eaters in my family! However, I am all for taste and this bowl of iced dessert can only be described as average in the context of Singapore iced desserts like ice kacang, chendol, cheng tng.

Point was; my dad enjoyed it. 

=====

Address
No. 38, Section 2, Hankou St, 
Wanhua District, Taipei City, Taiwan 

Map
As above. 

Menu (in Chinese)
As above.

Pricing
Popular Number 1 - 105 Taiwan Dollar


No comments:

Post a Comment