Saturday, August 03, 2024

Lakeshore Hotel (新竹湖濱館) - Room 8114 @ Hsinchu in Taiwan

Our fifth hotel in our tour to TaiwanLakeshore Hotel should honestly think about revamping their entrance for hotel guests who arrived via coaches as the so called drop off for us was essentially the carpark for large vehicles! 

It's a right pity as the scene changed after we exited the carpark; with buildings that magically brought us to Europe, where buildings had the name with castles; Chalucet Castle, Leith Castle and Windsor Castle. 

At Windsor Castle, there was even a grand staircase that would have been a perfect setting for a costume ball for all invited guests! I didn't explore much as I was busy that evening clearing work emails.

Anyway, our key cards for our hotel room at Chalucet Castle. 
Despite the number 8, our room was on the ground floor. 

Good thing about the ground floor; very spacious hotel corridor that didn't give me the eerie vibes. We were pretty near the reception, yet far enough to not be disturbed by the noise.

Our room 8114 - pretty spacious although I was most shocked by the size of the beds! I thought they were just queen sized but turned out to be two single beds combined into one bed. Just wondering why they have to go through the hassle as I didn't make any special request.

Still scratching my head as why the built in sofa was next to the television when norm would have been facing the television. Why? Am I expecting someone to be looking at me when I am sleeping?! Kidding as I don't recall having a restless sleep that night. p.s. might be because mattresses were from the brand "slumberland".

Ground floor view; we were so near our opposite "neighbours"! 

Washroom came with a bathtub, and a device that made me so happy; I wish I had the urge to poop! Look at that, the amazing Japanese electronic bidet! How I wish every hotel would install that in the washroom of every room! 

Loving it when hotel provides a shower cubicle, instead of asking guests to shower in the bathtub! It might have been fun as kids but for the older generation like my 70 years old ++ dad, climbing in and out of bathtubs can be dangerous! 

The lack of bathroom amenities was appalling! Wait, let me finish! For sustainability and to reduce waste, amenities can actually be collected from labelled boxes at the main reception, at no charge. p.s. they don't provide bottled water too but you can get water from the many dispensers around the hotel.

Photographs of the indoor pool and gym as above. The hotel was marketed as a family hotel and a separate pool was carved out just for the kids. I enjoyed the gym; it's big and surprisingly, very well utilized by the guests! 

There were also numerous recreation sections for the kids; like Brick Island children's playroom, Little Rainbow Baby Park and even an outdoor kids ride area! I also noted on the website that there's a color dimension which I didn't notice on my trip. 

Next morning, it's a walk to Leith Castle for breakfast! We were notified in advance by KK, our tour guide, that the hotel was known for its breakfast buffet, and I was gunning for a good meal even though I seldom have breakfast in Singapore.

You have your usuals of course; noodles, western, salad, fruits, drinks etc. Wide variety of choices and should you decide to stay at Lakeshore Hotel, please go to for the breakfast on an empty stomach! Don't drink your coffee first!

In Taiwan, eat Taiwanese food! You have braised pork belly rice (luroufan) and pork meatball soup in Hsinchu style, amongst many. And there's also a pot of flavorful lobster bisque! Luxy for the win!

For plain porridge, they had like sixteen toppings!
Including expensive ones like braised eel.

For toasts, you can have your choice of spread like homemade truffle butter, kaya, coconut paste, kumquat jam, longan honey or even kit kat! I would love to try some but my stomach will be easily filled up by bread! So no!

There's even a tub of beancurd and accompanying it was a glass dispenser filled with brown sugar syrup and toppings (bubble tea pearls, marshmallows, mochi, sugar barley, candied red beans etc)! 

Even the ice cream (yes, for breakfast too) wasn't your common vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. Selection was green tea milk, valrhona chocolate, black tea latte, tangerine and green plum snow ice. Atas. 

I noticed this pull up banner showcasing what appeared to be a michelin classic from this restaurant called LONGTAIL Restaurant & Bar, I checked on internet and it had a one-star michelin! Guess this was a collaboration between LONGTAIL and Lakeshore Hotel.

This so-called classic was a slider that seemed visually underwhelming. Nevertheless, I am never one to judge on appearance. My taste buds shall decide if it is worth the early morning calorie intake.

Patty was filled with shrimps and sandwiched between the patty and bun was a mix of pickled vegetables and onions! Absolutely delicious and for that reason; a second helping was needed.

No complaint for the the buffet breakfast; variety was massive and the food, while not everything was amazing, was easily the best hotel buffet breakfast I have in my entire life! p.s. do note that while I do travel occasionally, I seldom purchase rooms with breakfast. 

For ice cream, I got tangerine and green plum snow ice; former was nicer for featuring an intense orange flavor that I enjoyed. Latter was just too sweet for my liking!

=====

Address
No. 773, Minghu Rd, East District, 
Hsinchu City, Taiwan

Map
As above.

Map for the Hotel
As above. 


No comments:

Post a Comment