Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Bánh Mì Phượng @ Hoi An in Vietnam

Hoi An is said to be the Banh Mi capital in Vietnam and it's impossible for me to stop at just Madam Khanh! So on day three of our Central Vietnam trip, we took GRAB to Bánh Mì Phượng, which has a rating score of 4.3 on Google Map, from over 11,000 reviewers! 

Maybe because it was just about 9.30 am on a Wednesday, the place was quite empty. For really early birds, you would be pleased to note that the eatery opens at 6.30am, daily.

Quite funny to see so many diners putting up their passport-sized photographs! This is something I would never do as I look horrible since I am not supposed to smile and expose my pearly whites.

Let's order from the counter! 

Beauty Tea - at my age, it's always a search for a miracle to slow ageing and it's a given to order this when I saw its name on the menu. Turned out it tasted like lim tea added with Chinese wolfberries; quite nice and inexpensive for less than S$1.

Banh Mi Thit Nuong - recommendation was banh mi thap cam (mixed) but I am a stickler for thit nuong (BBQ pork). I can so feel the warmth and crispiness of the baguette! 

Filling was generous at Bánh Mì Phượng and as expected, it was crisp crunchiness in every bite! Chilli was automatically added which vigorously excited my taste buds, together with the smokiness of the meat, but one thing was lacking. Instead of pickled vegetables, lettuce and slices of onions were added.

Without the pickled vegetables, it felt more like a subway sandwich than an authentic Vietnamese banh mi. I am sorry; despite the reviews from so many reviewers, my preference was with Madam Khanh.

=====

Address
2b Đ. Phan Chu Trinh, Cẩm Châu, 
Hội An, Quảng Nam 560000, Vietnam

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Banh Mi Thit Nuong - 35,000 dong
Beauty Tea - 15,000 dong

No comments:

Post a Comment