Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Waffle Delight - Home Based Takeaway @ Johor Bahru in Malaysia

Imagine walking under the hot sun, in seek of a home-based waffle shop in the midst of the seemingly hundreds of terrace houses at Taman Pelangi in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. 

Thanks to Google Maps, we finally got to the right place! Okay, maybe not as my legs brought me slightly further down and a nice gentleman asked if we were looking for the waffle shop. 

So ladies and gentlemen, this was it; Waffle Delight! Signage was small; I didn't realize there was a business operating within! So just look out for house number 71 and refer to the first photograph I shared earlier in this post. 

At the very least, I am glad to have noticed the line of posters, including the most important one; "doorbell for walk in order". Before pressing though, do take a quick glance at the menu and make a decision on what you want!

There appeared to be only one person taking order and working on the waffle maker; hence, stop your procrastination! Such stressful decision making means I would just go for the basic; normal waffle with chocolate topping. 

Unlike crazy people like us, who walked in; many others opted for food deliveries. In the short span of time, we encountered no less than three delivery men/women and just took the boxes of waffle from the door grille.

Here's our box; correctly marked out. Darn, I didn't realize there was pandan waffle! Next time but I also wanted to try the charcoal one; I need to bring more people to share the calories! 

Opening up the box to reveal the yummy treasure within! One full waffle folded into half and then sliced. We decided to eat it there and there as food always tastes better when it's freshly made / cooked, except for maybe hokkien mee! 

Gloves were provided with the box but no way for me; I am going to savor the waffle like I do with fried chickens! Hopefully it's fingers licking good.

Aroma was already a clear winner and we already experienced with it while waiting! Texture felt crispy and I am so loving the thick layer of chocolate sauce that would have dripped if I were to tilt the waffle! 

Took a bite and my verdict; aroma hit the right notes, texture was indeed crispy and each bite was just so addictive! However, something was lacking to make this the perfect waffle; batter could have fluffier, adding to a meatier inside for better satisfaction.  

Nevertheless, I would still go back for this home based takeaway waffle at Waffle Delight. I am still a sucker for waffle with crisp shell, much more than a soft waffle with fluffier insides. 

=====

Address
71, Jalan Sri Pelangi, Taman Pelangi, 
80400 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Normal (Chocolate Topping) - RM 3.50

No comments:

Post a Comment