Friday, August 09, 2024

Canelés by Flourcrafts Patisserie - Banoffee and Taro @ Singapore

When a friend knew that I am accompanying my mom to Hock Teck See Temple on National Day, he enthusiastically shared with me of a Canelés Patisserie known as Flourcrafts, which I didn't expect to be open on a public holiday.

Surprise, surprise! I noted that the lights were switched on and the sign indicated "open"! While I remember having my first canelés at The Landing Point, they didn't quite impress me, and I was in a dilemma; should I try the supposedly great ones from Flourcrafts?

I stepped in for a closer look and the glamorous display of eight types of canelés took my breath away. As my mom was with me and the canelés were bite-sized portion, I guess it's a fantastic opportunity to share the calories! 

We selected two and they were placed in a Wunderfolks box; turned there was some collaboration with Flourcrafts Patisserie where Wunderfolks would provide tarts. Nevertheless, I only have the stomach for canelés, not tarts.

Our selection; banoffee and taro. Others on sale included honey roasted macadamia, pistachio sea salt, matcha dango, black sesame, TWG earl grey, and vanilla rum. 

Banoffee - the hard, caramel crustiness of the canelé was definitely to my liking and it contrasted perfectly with soft inside, which to me, felt cakey although it was supposed to be custardy. To layman like me, it tasted like toasted bika ambon! p.s. loving the thick, ozzy caramel sauce and the sweet slice of banana! 

Taro - this was chosen purely because of my mom, who would better accept something she was previously acquainted with, and yam is commonly used as filling for our local kuehs and tarts that she enjoys.

After having banoffee, the sweetness for this was much muted although it retained the signature earthiness of yam paste; to the extent it could have been a filling for ang ku kueh! To be frank, I prefer banoffee but my mom cast her vote for the taro canelé.

=====

Address
70 Shenton Way, #01-08, 
Eon Shenton, Singapore 079118

Map
As above.

Operating Hours
10.00 am to 5.00 pm
(Closed on Sundays and Mondays)

Pricing
Banoffee - S$4.80
Taro - S$4.80

No comments:

Post a Comment