Saturday, April 27, 2024

Old Airport Road Fried Hokkien Mee @ Old Airport Road Hawker Centre [Singapore] #oldairportroadhawkercentre

In case you haven't heard, Old Airport Road Hawker Centre would be closed for renovation from 01 June 2024 for four long months! That sparked an immediate craving for food like chicken chop, char kway teow, hokkien mee, cheng tng etc!

   
Unfortunately, two of the stalls were closed and I couldn't help noticing that quite a lot of customers were waiting for their orders in front of this boringly named Old Airport Road Fried Hokkien Mee. It shall be you then!

With just hokkien mee on their menu and options for S$5 or S$8, I ordered a small and received a queue number that was kept, safely, in a ziplock. This is the time when I realized how much I missed the food pager system. 

What cheered me most was the huge container of deep fried pork lards. As expected, I requested for more and was ecstatic when the young lady boss gave me two generous spoonfuls. 

At S$5, I would say the portion was way bigger than I expected and judging from how wet the noodles were; I honestly can't wait to slurp them up! p.s. this wetness was in stark contrast to the dry hokkien mee from Nam Sing

The thing about pork greaves is that there's always a risk they might not turn out well and personally, I dislike them if they are not crispy. Strangely, these were delicious even though they had gone a bit soft. 

Slurping in the noodles, which were more bee hoon than yellow noodles! And boy were they swimming in a grave so chockablock full of seafoodness! It's rare to find me quietly enjoying my food as I was simply savoring each and every bite! 

Don't discount the red, hot chilli which was sour and spicy; resulting in beads of sweat rolling down my face! Aside from fresh prawns, you can also find strips of pork belly, mock abalone and squid. So luxurious! 

It's been a while since I last had such an amazing plate of hokkien mee, and this counted as as one of my favorite at the moment. I am seriously hoping the stall would be back after the 4-month renovation! Maybe I should just pop by to eat again before the hawker centre closes in June. 

=====

Address
51 Old Airport Rd, #01-99,
Old Airport Road Food Centre, 
Singapore 390051

Map
As above. 

Pricing
Hokkien Mee - S$5.00

No comments:

Post a Comment