Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Lunch @ O'mafe Tsou Restaurant in Tsou Veoveoana Cultural and Creative Park [Chiayi, Taiwan]

Lunch on day three of our Taiwan trip was settled within an attraction we were visiting; Tsou Veoveoana Cultural and Creative Park! Again, I am not pinning too much hope as lunches in tour packages are generally quite standard.

To be fair to the restaurant, called O'mafe Tsou, it commanded a good review score of 4.7 (from over 40 reviewers) and my comments were based on dishes that had already been pre-arranged by the tour company, and might not be the signatures. 

Dishes served were not bad but my expectation for the oolong prawns fell short as they were a bit too salty. I was more excited to see the guomao vegetables (过猫菜), which was something I had been craving for ever since my last Taiwan trip in 2014

While dishes were quite boring and standardized including fish, meat, vegetables, soup, I can guarantee you that it's a balanced variety and for someone who doesn't eat much rice, such variety appealed to me. 

A pot of hot soup would always be welcome in the cooling climate and this herbal one was supposedly made using highland chicken. Not that it tasted any better from typical chicken soup.

Even though there were the boring dishes like stir fried cabbage, you might still get some interesting looking ones like this dessert known as 三粉圆, which was made using basil seeds!  

=====

Address
梅花一路1號, Fanlu Township, 
Chiayi County, Taiwan

Map
As above. 


No comments:

Post a Comment