Sunday, October 01, 2023

Dog in Town @ Ekkamai in Bangkok [Thailand]

Having been to Dog in Town @ Ari back in 2022, I decided to bring my mom and younger sister to its original branch at Ekkamai earlier this year since it's along the way after our meal at Here Hai

Someone mentioned on a video that Singaporeans love to walk and while I wouldn't say that's representative for every Singaporean; I am one of those who love to walk and in this case, 750 meters from Here Hai.

My mom would have agreed that walking would be good for digestion after such a heavy meal from Here Hai. p.s. strange to see no pets allowed sign when it's a dog cafe we would be visiting! Maybe they meant "no other pets".

The artificial lawn that can also be found at Dog in Town @ Ari. One thing I didn't realize until my arrival at the Ekkamai branch was that this was smaller and didn't have the additional cafe building that the newer branch has,

Whatever the case, I am not going to travel all the way to Ari
And my intention was to blog about this original branch anyway.


Interior was unlike the way more instagrammable Ari branch. While space appeared limited, it didn't feel cramped, especially when we seemed to be the first group of customers. 

We managed to secure seating at the back, with a comfortable lounge chair that I can even lie down! Entrance fee of 300 baht per person included one drink, which was placed on the table in the picture above.

You may consider standard height tables / chairs if you are worried that the dogs would steal your drinks and drool all over your belongings. This may be preferred if you have friends, who are not obsessed dog fans, joining you. Loving the quotes on the wall.

Drink menu; it's a pity there's no dessert list on the menu. At its Ari branch, I remember how delicious the shit-looking brownie was! Nevertheless, it's a risk to allow desserts as a fight between humans and dogs would be inevitable. And puny me would lose to a big canine like Alaskan Malamute. 

Rules and regulations for reference. 

List of dogs in Dog in Town @ Ekkamai; did you notice something interesting? They were all named after BTS stations! The one I remember very well is Nana; the west highland terrier! And another interesting fact, all of them were male. 

Here's the gorgeous cutie! 

Not all the dogs were on the tablet; these two corgis were missing! Do you know I always wanted to have a corgi but my first dog was an adopted Shihtzu by the name of Rubee! 

Given the air-conditioning, we saw the same phenomenon as Dog in Town @ Ari; the dogs weren't excessively energetic and were happy to laze all over the place, allowing us to fawn over them. 

For enticement, treats would be necessary.
100 baht for a pack of 100% meat jerkies. 

We got a pack too, to generate interest amongst uninterested dogs. 

Photo-taking time, which was easier with the treats. Given the limited space, I think eight dogs would be just about us and as seen, the biggest would be either the Alaskan Malamute or the Rough Collie. In Ari, there were more larger dogs.
 
Always nice to hold on to large paws!

The staff would also gather the dogs and help you to take photos! That's similar to Ari although the dogs here appeared less obedient with a much shorter attention span.

Let's gather outdoors for the dogs to enjoy the fresher air!

Frankly, I doubt they really wanted the fresh air as the humidity outside was really no joke for animals with fur. Even the humans were dying to get back to air-conditioning! The key attraction for the dogs would be the water bowls filled with ice cubes!

More photographs of the the dogs.

Got into a minor accident when one of the corgis stood up when I was taking photos above its head. It bled a bit and I am just grateful it didn't develop into an ulcer, which would have frustrated me whenever I eat! 

=====

Now the question; which dog in town do I prefer? I personally prefer Dog in Town @ Ari as there were more dogs (over ten) and there was a separate section for you to drink and indulge in desserts. 

Address
16, 1 Ekkamai 6 Alley, Khlong Tan Nuea, 
Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand

Map
As above.

Admission Fee
300 baht for one person
(Complimentary Drink)

Payment Mode
No cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment