Friday, October 20, 2023

Tofu Street Fresh Soya Bean near Jonker Street @ Melaka in Malaysia

I was still sober after that small glass of 38% alcohol rose wine at Sin Hiap Hin and with a bit of time to spare before my appointment with the huskies; we decided to walk over to the nearby Tofu Street Fresh Soya Bean! 

Even in Singapore, I am a huge fan of cold soya bean drink and hot soya beancurd and I am so glad to be able to indulge them right here in Melaka! Especially welcome given the hot, sunny weather.

Aside from soya products, you can also find other food like biscuits, buns, sauces and even cubes of the famous gula melaka! Well, for such a large shop space, it wouldn't have been sustainable to just sell soya milk and soya beancurd. 

There's even a book store! Pity I don't read as much as I did last time. No thanks to the popularity of YouTube, Tik Tok and Facebook, which captivate me with short and interesting videos. 

Soya Bean Drink - iced is a necessity to quench the thirst in such hot weather! Oh well, the taste was quite similar to what I have at Lian Yin Hot & Cold Drinks in Yishun's Chong Pang hawker center, albeit not as thick. For RM 2.20 (about Singapore 60 cents), I shouldn't complain.
 
Soya Beancurd - I was way more impressed with the beancurd; it would have been the smoothest one I ever had, matching those beancurd pudding yet with the sweetness coming from the intensely aromatic pandan sugar syrup! 

Costing just RM 2.50, the beancurd is a must have for me in my next visit to Melaka, which I hope would be very soon as I was hooked on this particular brand of popcorn that originated in Melaka! 

=====

Address
45, Jalan Kampung Pantai, 
75100 Melaka, Malaysia

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

No comments:

Post a Comment