Saturday, February 18, 2023

Coffee and Toast from Easae Coffee Shop @ Bangkok Chinatown in Thailand

I was full of excitement as I jogged towards Tee Yok Coffee as the arrangement was to meet my mom and younger sister there so that they can also share my love for its traditional toasts that are homely good and wallet-friendly! 

Alas, it was closed on Sundays and I had to quickly find an alternative on Google Map; found one not far away, Easae Coffee Shop which was just a few years shy of operating for a century! 

Even the furnishing within the coffee shop appeared to have stopped in time although more like from the 80s rather than the antiquated 1920s period. 

Ordering using this cartooned menu! I hate it when there are too many options and really appreciate the indication of best seller; butter sugar and Thai egg custard it shall be then! 

Our hot beverages; I can only comment for my coffee with condensed milk; tasted like it was coarsely ground coffee beans and still a bit too sweet for me, which is a common phenomenon in Thailand. Put it this way, they eat youtiao with condensed milk.

Best Seller - I like toasts with a crisp and these two, unfortunately, didn't feature that much needed crispness. Comparing the two, while the Thai Egg custard had a richer taste similar to the orange kaya we have in Singapore, I preferred the butter sugar for its caramelized sweetness and the more comforting buttery aroma. However, Tee Yok Coffee still had better toasts.

=====

Address
103 105 ถ. เยาวราช Samphanthawong, 
Bangkok 10100, Thailand

Map
As above.

Menu
As above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment