Tuesday, February 07, 2023

Red Packets for The Lunar New Year of the Rabbit in 2023

Celebration for the year of the rabbit is finally over and I hope those celebrating the lunar new year have an enjoyable time meeting up with family and friends after all the visitation restrictions in 2021 and 2022! 

I sure had a great time and despite my not-so-young age; the custom for the unmarried to receive red packets means I continue to receive them, unabashedly. Put it this way; people sincerely give, I sincerely accept. Number collected: 22 red packets.

Since young, my siblings and I would actually return all the red packets we received from relatives to our parents; reason being that they would have to give red packets to our relatives' children too. Hence, I could only keep the money from red packets received from my parents, my married sister, and friends. 

Total collections: S$657.00. It may seem like a lot but you have to keep in mind that as a working adult; my siblings and I make it a point to give red packets to our parents, for good health, luck and fortune. In addition, I would also distribute ang pow (hokkien for red packets) to my niece and nephew too. 

One particular friend has a quirky item in her red packet; a Singapore Sweep ticket! If we indeed have the luck during the new lunar year, maybe we can get the top prize of 2.3 million dollars! I never have such luck, in spite of the hope. 😢

An interesting ang pow this year would be the electronic red packet, which was supposed to cut down the massive printing of new notes every lunar new year, and is environmentally friendlier. 

Using my PayLah! account, I scanned the QR code from the gift card; a pop-up animation would greet me and let me know monetary blessing received! 

My very first e-ang pow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment