Monday, January 02, 2023

Lixin Teochew Fishball Noodles at Bukit Canberra Hawker Centre @ Sembawang [Singapore] #bukitcanberrahawkercentre

17 December was the grand opening for the Bukit Canberra Hawker Centre but knowing how crazy Singaporeans are with new hawker centers; I thought to visit on a weekday morning instead, when the crowd was hopefully thinner.

Thankfully, there weren't too many people and with 44 hawker stalls to choose from, I was spoilt for choices. Nevertheless, familiarity triumphed as I decided on having breakfast from Lixin Teochew Fishball Noodles! 

I opted for their basic fishball noodles dry! I am well aware of the fame of Lixin Teochew Fishball Noodles, even before they secured their Michelin Bib Gourmand for the original stall at Kim Keat Hawker Centre. At least for me, I could do some comparison!

No complaint about the fishballs, which appeared handmade with rough edges and odd shapes and had a QQ texture that tasted fresh and nice. For me, the highlight in fishball noodles wasn't the fishballs. 

To me, the noodles were ranked higher in importance! Honestly, the noodles were okay; just that in comparison to other Lixin stalls, it was a disappointment. In other stalls, the noodles were saucy (not as dry) and the flavor wasn't as bland. Did the stall go all out for the healthier choice since my last visit a few years ago?

Whatever the case, let's not waste food! And my request for extra pork lard did make me hungrier, as well as further enhance the taste of the noodles.

=====

Address
21 Canberra Link, #01-31,
Bukit Canberra Hawker Centre,
Singapore 752350

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Fishball Noodles - S$4.50 

No comments:

Post a Comment