Monday, January 16, 2023

Cheng Tng from Fu Yuan Desserts (福源甜品) @ Marsiling Mall Hawker Centre in Woodlands [Singapore] #marsilingmallhawkercentre

I kid you not; I have been having cheng tng every day for the past three days and to be honest; I don't doubt I could have one bowl of the iced desserts on a daily basis! Definitely deserving to be ranked as my favorite local dessert!

On Saturday, I visited Marsiling Mall Hawker Centre after my COVID-19 booster jab at the old Woodlands interchange and with my to-go dessert stall closed for the day; I joined the queue for Fu Yuan Desserts (福源甜品). So envious that there are two local dessert stalls in the same hawker centre! 

One large bowl for just S$1.50! 

Mashing all the finely shaved ice so that the sweetness can be balanced out. My past two bowls of cheng tng were from Bukit Panjang Dessert as the stall was nearer to home, and I noticed both looked alike despite being different stalls. 

At S$1.00 cheaper (40%), this cheng tng from Fu Yuan Desserts contained only ingredients like longan, sweet potatoes, jelly, sago, barley and ginkgo nuts. Bukit Panjang Dessert had slightly more pricey ingredients like persimmons and winter melon.

Broth (longan based) was sufficiently sweet with a thirst quenching tastiness that I enjoyed from most cheng tng! The sago balls were cooked till soft and the only thing I thought should be left out were the strips of jelly. I would prefer to have lotus nuts but hey; for just S$1.50 a bowl, I wouldn't mind leaving them out. 

=====

Address
4 Woodlands Street 12, 
#01-35, Marsiling Mall,
Singapore 738620

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Cheng Tng - S$1.50 a bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment