Sunday, January 29, 2023

PrachinBuri Thai Kitchen @ Yishun Block 748 [Singapore]

In life, we sometimes take things for granted. I am blessed to live in an area where there are three coffee shops within a 5-minute walk; not to mention my apartment is just a short throw from Northpoint City shopping centre and Chong Pang hawker centre.

There are also numerous standalone eateries like PrachinBuri Thai Kitchen that I am aware of for the past few years but only decided to check it out recently, despite it being so near to where I stay! I am going to cut to the chase and reviewed the food! 

Thai Basil Minced Pork - after my Bangkok trip in July 2022. krapow was something I had been craving for. The unmistakable spiciness with the ever interesting flavor of basil; above average but the meat could do with a bit more fat and honestly too much sauce! Good with plain, white rice though. 

Crab Meat Omelette - as an omelette, this was perfectly fluffy and nice. As a crab meat omelette, however, I don't recall seeing much crab meat! I shouldn't be complaining for S$6.00 right? 

Mixed Vegetables - normal and order for the sake that my parents love vegetables whereas I prefer them in the raw, healthier form; in salad. 

Green Curry Chicken - I am hardly satisfied with green curry chicken in Singapore as the chicken usually had this frozen aftertaste. This had a good punch of Thai green curry flavor although it would benefit with a thicker consistency. I think I would ask for full-vegetable green curry chicken in the future.

Home Made Prawn Cake - Aside from the fish, this would be the next most expensive item that we ordered that day. Presentation wise, they were home-made with irregular shape and looked real plump and crisp!

Insides were more paste than prawn and the outer shell wasn't as crispy as expected. Taste was also pretty bland and the sweet Thai chilli dip was essential as a companion.

Steamed Seabass with Thai Lemon Sauce - for S$20.00, this would be the cheapest steamed fish I had in Singapore's Thai restaurants. Mom's a huge fan of fish and if this meets her expectations; I am sure we would be back often.

Plenty of meat but they were mushy, and the soup didn't impress; weak and not the kind I would drink from, unlike the one from Ah Loy Thai Restaurant. And this dish was supposed to be chef recommended! I was disappointed. 

Pad Thai - friends would know I make it a point to have pad thai whenever I am in Bangkok and it's a dish I love to order whenever I dine in Singapore, albeit when I am not eating alone. 

This was seriously delicious; piquant, not dry (saucy even) and not overly sweet. Absolutely love the layer of crunch and nuttiness from the crushed peanuts! Slurp! 
 
=====

Some hits, some misses but can't deny that pricing was friendly for the pocket! Given its proximity, my family would likely pay it more visits in the future; and maybe try their deep fried sea bass which would hopefully be better than their chef recommended one that we had. 

Address
748 Yishun Street 72, 
#01-214, Singapore 760748

Map
As above. 

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Thai Basil Minced Pork - S$7.00
Crab Meat Omelette - S$6.00
Mixed Vegetables - S$6.00
Green Curry Chicken - S$7.00
Home Made Prawn Cake - S$10.00
Steamed Seabass with Thai Lemon Sauce - S$20.00
Pad Thai - S$4.50

No comments:

Post a Comment