Wednesday, February 02, 2022

End of My Four-Night Ocean Getaway Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas #royalcaribbeancruise


Time: an ungodly 5.42 am but I was already up. It's the end of my four-night ocean getaway cruise onboard Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas and I can see that the ship had already docked at Singapore Cruise Centre.

We can't leave the ship yet but the reason for waking up so early was because of our last complimentary breakfast buffet at Windjammer! Last chance for me to have the congee too. 

Enjoying the view of light polluted mainland Singapore and the sea bordering the southern part of the little red dot as we dug into our breakfast. 

View of Singapore Cruise Centre in front of our stateroom

I would usually leave a tip on the bedside table of the hotel whenever I travel. We did that for the stateroom but the money was never collected. Gratuities, also known as tips, were actually already included in our cruise fee but in the event you want to contribute more, you can place extra monies into the provided envelope.

Tag 11 was called and we can finally depart via the gangway on deck 5. Honestly, there's nothing to do after breakfast and we were so looking forward to leaving! No rush to leave though since Windjammer, the main dining room on deck 4 would operate till 8.30am. I should have waken up later.

Saying goodbye to the stateroom that was home for the past four nights! 
Interested to know more about stateroom 8626? Click here

Lift with the change in day; the dreaded Monday.
Thankfully, I had already applied for leave; no Monday blues! 

Throwing the contract tracing wristband (known as tracelet) into the bin. Frankly, this should be removed as I am still required to check in to facilities via my physical seapass! What's exactly the purpose of the tracelet?

Stepping into Singapore Cruise Centre

Clearing immigration was a breeze with the automated lanes and while there's a bus going to the nearby Marina South MRT station; we decided to just take the cab for a quicker, less tiring journey home.

Damn, it cost me over S$30 to get home.

The cruise was taken in August 2021 and it took me close to six months to finally conclude all the postings! To have a better picture of the happenings throughout the cruise, do visit the summary pageFor details of each day, click day one, day two, day three and day four

No comments:

Post a Comment