Thursday, February 24, 2022

COVID-19 Positive

Ever since my company started distributing ART kits, I have been diligently poking my nose on a weekly basis to ensure I am cleared of any COVID-19 infection.

For this week, I have been doing it more regularly (in fact on both 21 and 22 February)  as I was nursing a low grade fever and cough that seems to only start at night and would subside by morning. But I am facing more issue with my rib cage, which has been throbbing with pain since my recent cruise.

I decided to pay the clinic a visit; and honestly disclosed that I had both fever and cough, although ART results showed a negative result. Nevertheless, I was brought to another queue for high risk patients, and was asked to do another ART test, administered by the clinic staff.

Pain at my rib was getting progressively unbearable and I secured the document to take X-ray at Clementi Polyclinic. Alas, my plan was ruined when the clinic staff came out and announced the rest of my test.

COVID-19 positive. My symptoms are not severe and feel more like a normal flu. It's more the pain on my ribs that are making me more uncomfortable but given the positive COVID-19 outlook, I couldn't take the x-ray at all and are required to go home immediately. :(

After which were a flurry of SMS from MOH on what to do. Frankly, I am thankful my symptoms are mild and I can still follow through with the process to upload my TT data and submit the close contact registration form. I can imagine the frustration faced the older generation who might not know English or too ill to look through the content. 

p.s. there will be a delay in posting for this blog as I was constantly drowsy throughout the day, given the medication. Worst part is that I can't exercise. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh no... pls take care and may you recover fast !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks much! recovered and emerged stronger!

      Delete