Thursday, July 22, 2021

Bath Bomb / Bubble Bath for Bathtub at Marina Bay Sands

I don't need a bathtub but when we were upgraded to a premier room in our last staycation at Marina Bay Sands, that came with one; we decided to make full use of it as I was literally working from the hotel in the daytime (half days), instead of relaxing. 

A friend recommended the bath bombs from Lush but I couldn't stomach the minimal price of S$16 for just one! So, I proceeded to Tokyu Hands and happily paid less than S$13 for the above two. 

Blue
The blue pack contained just one blue ball, wrapped with plastic. I thought Japanese products are supposed to be easy-to-use? The plastic was hard to remove and I had to resort to using a pair of scissors instead.

Time to throw it in.
p.s. water in the bathtub was in its original colour.

Sizzling like a piece of meatball submerged in a boiling pot of oil; there wasn't much difference in the colour and no bubble as well. Nice smell though. 

We were more surprised to find a plastic ball with a toy inside! It's like kinder surprise and I think kids would love to have this bath bomb in the bath tub! 

Cute right?
Turtle on top of a dolphin! 

Stupid me was fixated on just the price and didn't care to check out the packaging at Tokyu Hands; I figured it didn't matter since I don't recognize the Japanese words. Turned out there are seven different toys and the kid in me would of course want to amass the "collection". 

Pink
The pinkness of the packaging caught my attention but it was the line of English words that enticed me to buy; bubble bath. To me, bubble and bathtub go hand in hand together; the perfect combination. 

Instructions, yes, I decided to read it before tearing it open; "put all the bath powder into bath water and stir it well to make bubbles turn your bathroom into a playground with bubbles".

High anticipation!

It was more peachy red, than pink and the aroma would appeal better to the ladies; a tad too flowering. Nevertheless, it shall be the bubbles that I was looking forward too.

This might be mistaken for a crime scene. 

Well, the water starting frothing but I can honestly get the same amount of foam by pouring in detergent. As I was getting bit disappointed, I started thought of an idea.

Using the shower spray to agitate the water! 

Effect was way better even though still not to the level of large clumps of bubbles that I was expecting. I was so hoping for a bubble playground.............

And best of all, someone just plonked himself into the bath! 
No prize for guessing who.  

=====

Purchased From

Pricing
Blue - S$6.50
Pink - S$6.00

Additional Information
I found a small section of bath bombs at DON DON DONKI and the cheaper range was from S$1.90 to S$2.50! Hope I would get a room with bathtub for my next staycation at Marina Bay Sands

No comments:

Post a Comment