Monday, July 12, 2021

Fresh Prawn Shredded Chicken Hor Fun from Shun Ji Cooked Food @ Telok Blangah Hawker Centre #telokblangahhawkercentre

Telok Blangah Hawker Centre is most famous for the char siew wanton noodle from Hong Ji Mian Shi Jia but I decided to depart from the norm and try something new. I don't usually research and just follow the queue; whichever has a line would likely be worth a try. 

The number of people queuing in front of Shun Ji Cooked Food is one of the longest but there's one issue; the signature dish was fresh prawn shredded chicken hor fun and I am more a fried hor fun person. It's a matter of personal preference; just like Alex loves yellow noodle which is my least favourite noodle type. 

I swallowed my prejudice and ordered anyway. We must sometimes get out of our comfort zone; maybe there would be something better waiting for us. Oh boy, it sounds like I need to quit my job!  

Frankly, the colors in front of me didn't appeal; the bed of white hor fun underneath a serving of equally white shredded chicken with a few pieces of green vegetables, topped with one sad prawn sliced into two and surrounded by a moat of thickened translucent sauce.

The sparkles came when I slurped in my first mouthful; hor fun was al-dente, smooth with a narrower cut but what surprised me more was the sauce. It's the soul for the dish and a perfect match for the hor fun; light, savory and absolutely delectable! It reminded me of the first time I had Kok Kee Wanton Noodle where the sauce was also the key essence! 

Shredded chicken in many stalls were often overly tough but the ones here were tender yet firm! No complaint about the fresh prawns; I was hoping for more though. Do have the hor fun with the accompanying green chilli, for that extra punch! 

Burp! This fresh prawn shredded chicken hor fun was, in my opinion, a healthy yet tasty breakfast and would be a dish I would return for in the future.

=====

Address
79 Telok Blangah Drive #01-18, 
Telok Blangah Drive Food Centre,
Singapore 100079

Map
As above.

Opening Hours
7.00 am till while stocks last
(Closed on Mondays and Fridays)

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Fresh Prawn Shredded Chicken Hor Fun - S$4.00

No comments:

Post a Comment