Saturday, June 26, 2021

Pisang Goreng (Fried Banana) & Cempedak Goreng @ Mr Teh Tarik Eating House (Ang Mo Kio Central) [Singapore]

I was too early for my hair treatment appointment and decided to spend that 45 minutes by walking around Ang Mo Kio central, and identifying potential eateries to settle my dinner later that day.

The variety and sheer amount of fried snacks in the glass display stopped me in my tracks; darn, they were alluring and I can't help imaging if they were to taste as good as they look. The temptation was unstoppable and I asked my sister; want to share? 

She was agreeable! As the fried bananas and cempedak (a type of jackfruit found in southeast Asia) were sold at four pieces for S$2.00, the kind Malay auntie allowed me to buy two of each! Four of each would have been disastrous for my diet! 

Fried Banana - at just 50 cents apiece, I think this was real worth it as it's actually one whole banana! For some stalls selling Chinese-style banana fritters, I have ever seen fried banana smaller than this yet cost about S$1.50 apiece! 

Taste wise, the one I took was quite sweet even though not to the standard of king raja bananas. Again, why should I even complain for the price I paid?! Batter that was used to fry the bananas didn't result in a crisp, fluffy texture but I think it's still acceptable for the price.

Fried Cempedak - reasonable size at 50 cents each and using the same batter. I am happy with what I popped into my mouth; flesh was firm and sweet enough. Craving satisfied! Next time, I would try the rest of their fried snacks; kueh keria looked delicious! 

=====

Address
728 Ang Mo Kio Ave 6, #01-4200,  
Mr Teh Tarik Eating House,
Singapore 560728

Map
As above.

Menu
As above. 

Pricing
Fried Bananas - S$2.00 for 4 pieces.
Fried Cempedak - S$2.00 for 4 pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment