Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Creamier - Waffles, Handcrafted Ice Cream & Coffee @ Block 131 Toa Payoh Lorong 1 [Singapore]

Started business in an old, quiet Toa Payoh neighbouhood, Creamier got so immensely popular that it actually changed the demographics of the clientele; bringing in youngsters and those with higher spending power to the area. 

Creamier is no longer at its original location and has in fact spawned two other branches in Singapore. However, its roots were not forgotten as the ice cream parlour continued to be stationed in Toa Payoh, just 50 meters away from where they first started. 

We decided to pay it a visit after our delicious meal at the nearby Bangkok D.K Thai Food; since there were four of us to share the desserts, it's technically less sinful for everyone! 

This was the queue at 3.00 pm! 

Given the pandemic, it's important to ensure safe management measures are adhered to; not just for the diners but also for the dining establishments as they could be forced to stop operations by the authorities! Hence, please just do your part.

Got in after 20 minutes; I honestly can't remember what was the layout like in its original store and had to rely on my 2014 review here. Well, seemed like they kept the hanging bulbs with wires concept. 

I almost forgot; you would be given the order list with a clipboard and a pen to write down your orders. Once you are given your seats, just proceed to the cashier to pass the list and pay for your items. 

"Handcrafted in small batches everyday", it's always amazing to see a wide variety of choices although for the unadventurous soul like myself; I would go for traditional flavours like vanilla unless I can sample the ice cream, which isn't possible with all the safe management measures. :(

Summer Strawberries Ice Cream
- the good thing about having family sharing is that I am way more willing to take the risk! Served on ice, this summer strawberries are sourish yet creamy-sweet with my teeth biting occasionally into the strawberry seeds. 

Matcha Latte and Iced Mocha - former was slightly bitter and not as thick as I expected. Latter was nicer in my opinion and sweetness was just right for my age-group; i.e. not sweet. 

Waffle with Roasted Pistachio and Blue Pea Vanilla Ice Cream - see, another two interesting flavours even though I think the pistachio would appeal to my mom who enjoys nuts and for me; vanilla-related shouldn't be too bad. Thankfully, we didn't opt for a third scoop as toppling would be a definite.

The waffles at Creamier were famous in the past for their thickness and texture. I found the taste to be on the bland side back in 2014 and since I managed to secure seats; it's an obvious order, especially when we can split the calories among four persons. 

They tasted good with that desirable thin crispness encasing the moist, fluffiness within; so glad I had two other persons to share (elder sister isn't much into carbohydrate stuff) as I would have a hard time finishing the waffles if I am with just Alex! 

Roasted Pistachio and Blue Pea Vanilla Ice Cream - loving both of them even though the blue pea one was really more on the coloring as there wasn't much difference in taste compared to pure vanilla ice cream. Pistachio was delicious and so richly infused with the nuts; it would be even nicer if larger pieces of pistachio can be added to the ice cream.

=====

Address
Block 131, Toa Payoh Lorong 1,
#01-02 Singapore 310131

Map
As above.

Website

Menu
As above.

No comments:

Post a Comment