Monday, June 21, 2021

Lao Jie Kou - Pecan Flavoured Sunflower Seeds

To me, sunflower seeds are for birds and rodents. I never had a liking for them unlike melon seeds, which I would purposely seek whenever the yearly festive bazaar takes place at Chinatown to welcome the lunar new year

Things changed a month ago; when my sister's father in law passed a bag of sunflower seeds to my parents. I was still hungry after dinner at my parents' place and took out a handful just to curb the itchy mouth. OMG, they were so addictive; we literally cleaned up the small bag in no time! 

I tried searching for the brand at NTUC, Cold Storage and even at those supermarkets catered for Chinese nationals and went away empty handed. I did try a few other brands but the result was disappointment after disappointment. 

My elder sister, the online shopaholic, found the product on Shopee and ordered for us! It's surprising that the expiry date was just a mere six months from manufacturing date! p.s. there's a typo for the English translation. 

One half-a-kilogram bag was given for my sole indulgence but I shared it with my friends yesterday when they came over for a small durian gathering as I have full confidence I would have emptied the bag in just a few days! Compared to other sunflower seeds I had before, these tasted extremely nice and you would immediately be attracted to it once you put one into your mouth to crack the shell.  

Most, if not all, people would have thrown away the shells. Me too although I would occasionally ingest a few pieces as they were covered with flavourings too! It did feel like I was eating thin strips of flavoured tree barks though. Whatever the case, Shopee is gonna see another order soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, I find it very tasty too. BTW, the link should be this

    https://shopee.sg/product/136345518/4754580384/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for sharing! shall update!

      Delete