Saturday, August 26, 2023

One World Hotel - Connected to 1 Utama Shopping Centre @ Petaling Jaya [Malaysia]

Finding a place to stay is a decision I take a long time deliberating whenever I travel free and easy but for my first official trip to Petaling Jaya (PJ), I didn't have to spend time thinking as my PJ friend strongly recommended One World Hotel

It was an evening coach from Singapore to PJ and by the time we arrived at the hotel, it was close to 1.00 am! Hence, our key objective was to quickly check in, take a shower and snooze.

Room 310
One good news, one bad news upon arrival. Bad news first - we were given a room that's on level three! Good news - we were upgraded from a superior room to a junior suite; that's from 40 square meters to 70 square meters!

It came with its spacious living room! That's luxury living for a stingy person who wouldn't pay for that extra space when all one needs in a hotel is, simply put, a bed. The most I asked for would be an attached toilet. 

The study area, which I actually used quite often, since I had to clear my work emails. At 70 square meters, this suite is bigger than my own 67-square-meter apartment back in Singapore. 

USB ports, two and three-pin power sockets. There's a router where I could also plug in a LAN cable to connect to my laptop for better connectivity. I didn't have a LAN cable but manage to borrow one from the hotel, at no cost. p.s. if you lose it, charges will apply. 

50-inch LED television, see through mini fridge, Nespresso coffee capsule machine, and complimentary coffee power, tea bags, chocolate. All items in the mini bar were free of charge for the first round!

Free bottles of water! It was just two bottles initially but we always make it a point to tip the housekeepers every day, and guess this was their way of paying back. 

Sharp Plasmacluster to purify the air! Alex mentioned he had a comfortable stay in One World Hotel; for all you know, the cleaner air might also play a part! 

Our room with another 50-inch LED television, a king sized bed and a chaise lounge by the side. I am not going to bother to show you the view outside as third floor is extremely low and shoppers in the connected mall can see me in my undies! p.s. I didn't even draw open the curtains throughout my three-night stay there.

Bathrobes, in-room safe, ironing board and iron, a hair dryer (kept in a bag) and two extra pillows in the wardrobe. There was even a laundry basket in the room, where I kept all my dirty clothes.

I guess this is a smoking room? 

Bathroom was huge and divided into four separate sections; first of which would be the vanity section, follows by the bathtub. I should have brought along my bath bombs! 

Two other sections would be the toilet and a shower room with rainfall shower! Loving the fact that there was an non-electronic bidet; having one is better than having none.

Bathroom amenities and toiletries by Guild+Pepper. There were also mouth washes, hand sanitizer and body buff (latter of which is "foam scrubber loofah for exfoliation & cleansing"). Since all are free, what are the things you would take home if you don't use them? For me, they would be toothbrushes and shower caps! 

Gymnasium 
Now a requirement whenever I travel as I have adopted a healthier lifestyle ever since the pandemic although my diet preference remains just as sinful. Oh well, it's better than not exercising right?
 
With 452 rooms comprising of a mix of superior, deluxe, executive deluxe, junior suite, premier suite and executive suite, the gym was spacious and well equipped. However, in the few days I was there, I hardly saw any guests. The most I encountered were two other persons, not including the staff.

There was even an aerobic / yoga room!
Personally, I think it would do great as a meditation room too.

Staircase leading up to level two; of course I had to check it out even though I half suspected it would likely be the washrooms / locker rooms. 

Bright, modern and clean! 

Sauna rooms; I just read from the newspapers that saunas are getting popular in Japan and to think that I have always thought saunas originated from the land of the rising sun! Ignorant, I was.

Pictures of the two saunas and also the guidelines. Damn, I didn't know you are not supposed to bring mobile phones into the sauna as there's a tendency for them to explode. Gosh! p.s. the washroom was empty when I took the photos.

Anyway, spending time in saunas isn't my cup of tea. I am happier using the weights or sweating myself out at the running and cycling machines.

Swimming Pool
I was already informed via the above letter that the swimming pool would be closed. Personally, I feel that hotels should inform guests beforehand that certain facilities would not be operational, especially those guests for which the hotels have the contact information.

Nevertheless, I caught sight of the swimming pool area from the connected 1 Utama Shopping Centre. Located on the second floor of the hotel, it's quite a basic layout with a slide section for kids.

Buffet Breakfast 
This was already included in our room rate and even though there were so many things I wanted to try at PJ, free things are hard to resist and the one thing I know I usually wouldn't buy when I am overseas would be fruits, which would be available as part of the buffet breakfast at Cinnamon Cafe.

The amount of food stations surprised me! 
Do check out my separate posting here

=====

In summary, I did enjoy my stay at the five-star One World Hotel; built in 2007, it retained an old school charm with hanging chandeliers and marble flooring. p.s. I had to admit that the free room upgrade was definitely a nice touch!

One key reason for recommending One World Hotel to travelers would be its insane proximity to 1 Utama Shopping Centre; there's a direct pathway and the shopping centre was huge! 

There were two cinema operators and you can have varied experiences like going through a rainforest, surf at the flowrider attraction, or enjoy Next Gen [Family Edutainment Park], Malaysia 1st Integrated Indoor Edutainment! You can literally spend one or two full days within the mall, without stepping out! 

Address
City Centre, First Avenue, Lebuh Bandar Utama, 
Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Map
As above.

Website
http://www.oneworldhotel.com.my/

Pricing
Superior Room - S$385.18 for 3 Nights
Tourism Tax - RM 10.00 a night
(Secured a Free Upgrade to Junior Suite)

No comments:

Post a Comment