Saturday, August 05, 2023

Mr Baguette and His Lava Tarts @ Golden Mile Food Centre [Singapore] #goldenmilehawkercentre

I remember I visited Mr Baguette around two years ago for his baguette toast but it turned out that the stall was way more famous for its lava tarts which were out of stock then. 

This time round, while the lava tarts were available; many flavors were out of stock. According to the Greatest Kon, the apple lava is a must-try. Sadly, it was already sold out. Another hot favorite would be matcha but as some of you are aware, I love matcha only if it is a beverage. 

As we had a pending dinner, I shall be conservative and go with just two lava tarts. The owner very kind as he proceeded to toast the tarts in his industrial oven, despite the obvious waste in energy.

If you are in the area and decide to go for takeaways, do note to heat up in the toaster / air fryer for about 2-3 minutes! There is a reason for the bold sentence "must heat up before eat"; and not doing as per advice would mean a much less optimal dining experience. 

Here were my two lava tarts; cookies and cream and orange pomelo! Other flavors include hazelnut, chocolate, cheese, red velvet, apple, peach aloe, cherry cranberry, matcha azuki and blueberry.

Orange Pomelo - on my gosh, my first bite was such a surprise that it would immediately warrant a second bite! The exterior shell was baguette-like with an ultra crisp texture, and inside was the softer, fluffier bread that burst with a beautiful pool of cream containing slices of orange! Layer after layer of unforgettable texture! 

Cookies and Cream
- while the orange pomelo lava tart dilated my pupils, it was this cookie and cream flavor that totally blew me away as it gave me the feeling that I was having melted cookies and cream ice cream! 

This sensation was similar to the uniquely Singapore way of eating ice cream with bread! In many places, the fillings would likely be ultra sweet to counter the blandness of the bread but here at Mr Baguette, the sweetness was on point, and good enough for me to want to crave for another lava tart! 

Ending with blissfulness and already looking forward to my next visit! I must be mindful to arrive earlier so that I can secure the apple one! Just wondering if I can buy more and freeze them so that I can eat them sparingly across a few months.

Need a potent kopi to complement the tart? Do check out the espresso style coffee stall that's just one stall away from Mr Baguette. p.s. the coffee was a tad too potent for a non coffee connoisseur like me. 

===== 

Address
505 Beach Road, 
 Golden Mile Hawker Centre, 
#B1-51, Singapore 199583

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Two Tarts for S$5.00
Six Tarts for S$12.50

No comments:

Post a Comment