Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Cinnabon - Best Classic Cinnamon Rolls? @ Raffles City Shopping Mall in Singapore

The world famous cinnamon rolls have arrived in Singapore! Technically, Cinnabon started operations around four months ago but knowing Singaporeans; I am not going to spend my precious time queuing for hours! 

I actually walked past the store a month plus ago and the queue was still long for me. Therefore, I decided to take the opportunity of clearing my leave on a weekday to check it out again. The line this time was definitely much more bearable; I was third in queue. 

Open kitchen concept; I do bake occasionally and was mildly taken aback by the size of the cinnamon rolls from Cinnabon. They were sliced a bit too thickly? My version would usually be half the thickness! 

Moving towards the counter where I was greeted with a mouthwatering array of cinnamon rolls, ranging from classic, chocolate to caramel pecan.

My eyes went wide when I reached the counter. The classics were gigantic! The ones I made at home would be considered as mini versions! I am so making the "normal" cinnabon size for my next cinnamon roll bake.

Waiting for the pager to beep as I couldn't resist ordering one classic just to have a fresh taste, and the friendly staff member was warming it for me.

Here it is; the much awaited classic Cinnabon. I was tasked by a friend to check it out as I do make quite a mean cinnamon roll and my love for it is so great; I would usually bake a batch and freeze them just so I can eat them, one at a time, slowly over a few months. 

Even, buttery spread of cinnamon and sugar along the inner layers; that's a good sign and I took in a nice whiff of cinnamon, although I think mine was slightly stronger.

The roll, while long, was thin and lacked the satisfying fluffiness of bread. As some of you are aware, I like my cinnamon roll to have crisp edges, which were sadly lacking in this classic cinnabon.

Given that Cinnabon hails from United Stated, I was expecting sweetness to be well over the limit! Interestingly, the sweetness was bearable and that's even for the lemon glaze! The glaze recipe I had for my cinnamon rolls was so sweeet; diabetes would scream "embrace me"! 

Dough was slightly more fluff up towards the end, otherwise known as the middle of cinnamon roll. As you can probably guess, this classic couldn't hold a candle to my cinnamon roll. Aside from what I mentioned above, another issue faced was that the roll didn't taste buttery enough! 

I don't like to waste food though and even though it wasn't up to expectations; it was still a decent tasting cinnamon roll. p.s. the color theme for Cinnabon is a beautiful classic shade of blue that some called tiffany-blue. 

Bought a box of 4 mini caramel pecan cinnabons for my parents. 
I shall update their thoughts in this post tomorrow. 

=====

Address
252 North Bridge Road, #B1-60, 
Singapore 179103

Map
As above.

Facebook Page

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Classic Cinnamon Roll - S$6.80

Additional Information
There's an impetus to buy more when you are there but unless you are forever-hungry teenager, ther's no way you can stomach so many of those cinnabons. Heating and storage instructions as above for your reference! 

No comments:

Post a Comment