Monday, June 12, 2023

Deep Fried Snacks @ Quán Gốc Đa in Hanoi [Vietnam]

I am a huge fan of deep fried food although I am mindful that I should cut down on such an unhealthy diet, given my blood's penchant for a high cholesterol level. 

However, when one is on holiday with a bunch of friends, there is a beautiful word called "sharing". And that's what we did when we walked past Quán Gốc Đa, where the sound of sizzling oil caught our attention.

With about ten deep fried items to choose from, there's a need for moderation as we were on our way to have pho, and just a few minutes ago, a banh mi from a few doors away was just devoured. 

The Great Kon shall make the decision and he brought back spring roll and four pieces of wanton in a paper bag. Must QC first and if they turned out to be good, we can always return to try the rest of the food. 

Deep Fried Spring Roll - filled with meat, this was like the larger version of those spring roll you find in bun thit nuong. Crust was a bit too thin and I prefer a thicker crust for better texture. 

Wanton - four pieces for 24,000 dong (about S$1.40).

Filling was similar to the deep fried spring roll but with more mushrooms, resulting in an overly earthy taste. Not something I would buy again. From the menu, I am most curious about the prawn crackers. Maybe in my next trip to Hanoi! 

=====

Address
52 P. Lý Quốc Sư, Hàng Trống, 
Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.
p.s. I didn't see spring roll though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment