Monday, June 05, 2023

Penang Prawn Mee Kosong (Ingredient Soup) @ 711 Penang Delight in Ang Mo Kio S-11 Food Centre [Singapore]

Like many Singaporeans, I am in love with the Penang prawn mee from a particular stall in Ang Mo Kio S-11 Food Centre; the one beside Jubilee Square. There's only one teeny weeny issue, maybe a big one by some measures; I don't like the mee! 

After a while of contributing to extreme food wastage, I mustered enough courage and asked if it would be possible to have prawn mee, sans the mee. The surprising answer was: "So you just want ingredient soup (料汤)?"

Hence, I finally secured my first bowl of Penang Prawn Mee Kosong, otherwise known as ingredient soup. It's definitely not my first kosong (meaning zero) meal as I am also known to order ban mian kosong which is literally just the soup! 

Aside from the intensely rich prawn broth that had both the desired sweetness and umami, I got a ton of ingredients comprising of four prawns, fish cakes, kangkong, beansprouts and slices of pork! If you ask me, this is a well-balanced meal for those who are on starch-restricted diet.

Leaving the best for the last! Super shiok! At S$7.50, this bowl of ingredient soup didn't come cheap, given that Penang Prawn Mee with soup cost just S$5.00. 

Nevertheless, I am happy with the extra ingredients, without the need for starch like rice / noodles / bread. In fact, this was the second time I had ordered the ingredient soup, and would gladly do the same in future visits! 

=====

Address
711 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8, 
Stall #8, S-11 Food Centre, 
Singapore 560711

Map
As above. 

Menu
As above. Ingredient Soup wasn't on the menu but you can just let the order taker know it's liao tang. And as aforementioned; this would set you back by S$7.50. 

No comments:

Post a Comment