Sunday, May 07, 2023

Talula Hill - Kefi Farm Cafe @ Kluang in Johor [Malaysia]

Back in November 2022, I brought my mom and nephew to revisit
Kluang and one of the new places visited was Talula Hill, which I first heard about during the pandemic that ravaged earth!

It's quite a distance from main commercial area in Kluang and GRAB seemed like the easiest way. Do note to exercise caution when you drive up the hill as the roads were in pretty bad condition half a year ago.

The driver wasn't sure where to turn to let us alight! 

We dropped off at the main building. 
Picture for reference; always good to have models.

Talula Hill is essentially a farm that comprises a cafe and cabins for those interested to stay overnight. Concept is similar to UK Farm in the same district but the advantage of being the newest kid on the block means Talula Hill is modern and will appeal to the younger generation. 

Work was still ongoing half a year ago and I bet it is now a more convenient pathway towards the cafe. Yes, that view was beautiful right? More to come shortly.

To be honest, it's a view that I found to be extremely relaxing. Back in November 2022, I was facing a tough period at work. Nothing seemed to go smoothly and there was a lot of unhappiness. Such a view calmed me down. 

Problem is; the hill wasn't tall and after a while; the heat hit us and typical Singaporeans like us would rush to find shelter to escape from the scorching sun. 

Here's the cafe known as Kefi Farm Cafe.
Always welcome shade, and maybe a cold drink! 

Both indoor and outdoor seating were available. At that point when we reached at about 2.00 pm, indoor was packed and we should be grateful to have secured a table in the non-air-conditioned section.

It also helped that there was a long bar table that overlooked the fantastic farm view! It was still hot but at the very least, we will be shaded. Reminded me of BOH Tea Centre at Cameron Highlands but way more comfortable due to the much cooler climate.

See that grey container buildings on the left? That's the cabins for overnight stays; average pricing is more than S$100 a night for twin-sharing. Click here to find out more! Last photo using my DSLR as they don't allow DSLRs in the premises unless I am staying there. Mobile cameras were okay though. No notices mentioned this but it's okay; I always complied. 

Getting a glass of Carlsberg! It's rare to see me drinking so early but trust me, the hot weather made it so enticing to have ice cold beer streaming down my throat! 

The beer was apparently from a bottle and usual practices elsewhere would have the customer getting the bottle and pouring it themselves into the glass / mug / cup. Served in such a manner, I wonder if I am indeed getting a full bottle.

Jerald's cafe latte! 
And the big bottle of sugar syrup.

Half-eaten French fries. Purpose of the photo was to show the gaps in between the planks of wood that made the tabletop; with cold drinks, condensation under the hot weather means water will drip onto our pants / bottoms! 

Corn Fritters - more pancake like; this was surprisingly not bad, with a crisp exterior texture. What would have made them better? More corn kernels! 

Mom with the cabins as the backdrop. Should I arrange for another trip and stay at Talula Hill? Or would it be better to just go to Cameron Highlands where the weather was a lot less punishing?

Me taking the opportunity for time-lapsed! 

Here's the video for your reference. I remember public is able to check out the farm although I think the climb back to the hill is the main reason for turning people off. 

One thing I couldn't stand in any dining establishment is the appearance of flies. And I noticed quite a number in this cafe. Psychologically for me, seeing flies infer bad sanitary conditions. 

I even noticed flies in the toilet!

Those who have taken food hygiene course would know the above ibe unacceptable. And shouldn't the garbage bin be closed? 

Good business for the trap though.

Time to leave as everyone was getting bored! Would I return? Frankly, I doubt it unless I am back to stay at the cabins. In my opinion, UK Farm, while being a lot more traditional and old fashioned, was more rustic. The heat was still the killer though.

Departing photos! 

=====

Address
86000 Kluang, 
Johor Malaysia

Website

Pricing (for Cafe Orders)
Cafe Latte (Cold) - RM 14.00
French Fries - RM 18.00
Farm Corn Fritters - RM 18.00
Carlsberg - RM 14.00
(Inclusive of GST, Subject to Service Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment