Thursday, May 11, 2023

Bun Thit Nuong @ Cho Thai Binh in Ho Chi Minh City [Vietnam]

I already had my breakfast at Vien Dong Hotel but with some time to go before we checked out; I searched on google for any highly-reviewed food around the hotel. Something caught my attention - Bun Thit Nuong with a review score of 4.6 on Google, it's and only about 450 meters away! 

It's easy to find the stall since it was the only one selling bun thit nuong and if you are a directional idiot; just follow the aroma of grilled meat! Despite the language barrier, the lady boss was a charm and her smile and laughter were so infectious! 

Bun Thit Nuong is a "rice vermicelli dish topped with grilled pork, fresh herbs like basil and mint, fresh salad, giá, and chả giò". Highlight for me would always be the grilled pork, which was so enticing from this stall, even from a distance away. 

In my haste to eat my very first bun thit nuong in Vietnam, I happily mixed up the dish before realizing I had yet to take a photo! So, do excuse this photo of this dish that was half mixed. 

A closer look. In the past, I used to be confused between bun thit nuong and bun cha as both are dry and differ from the more famous pho. After a while, my conclusion was that I prefer bun thit nuong as it is fuss free and I can enjoy the dish straight from the bowl to my mouth.

With so many ingredients - the sweet smokiness from the grilled pork, the crunch from the spring roll, the recognizable flavor from the basil, freshness from the veg, nuttiness from the peanuts and the irresistible sauce; it was just amazing that every mouthful can be so delicious! 

Within mere minutes, I had gobbled up everything! 
Satisfying max! Cost; S$2.00. 

=====

Address
165 Đ. Cống Quỳnh, Phường Phạm Ngũ Lão, 
Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam


Map
 
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Bun Thit Nuong - 35,000 Dong


No comments:

Post a Comment