Saturday, May 13, 2023

Cafe Nguyen Hoang @ Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam

After some last minute shopping at Ben Thanh Market, Alex and I opted to walk back to Vien Dong Hotel, which was only about a kilometer away. It's not my first time attempting this walk and one sight that interested me was the above cafe, which never seemed to be empty. 

Known as Cafe Nguyen Hoang, it's just filled with people on stools looking out into the street. A concept not popularized in Singapore given how fast paced Singaporeans generally are. 

Another sight that captivated us would be the huge glass containers with coffee beans and labelled with names and prices; ranging from 11,000 dong per 100 grams to a whopping 170,000 per 100 grams! 

Frankly, I love coffee but am no connoisseur. To be safe, I ordered something that was middle range in pricing and came with milk, as I always prefer a balance of sweetness and bitterness. 

Free tra da (Vietnamese green tea); although it would usually be charged at about 3,000 - 5,000 dong, it's nice to have this complimentary iced beverage while waiting for our coffee to be made! 

Moka Catimo Milk Coffee - surprised me by how strong the coffee was, without being overly bitter! I must say this was one of the best coffee I ever had; and one that converted me into an iced coffee lover! Before my Ho Chi Minh City trip, my preference has always been hot coffee.

One thing I didn't manage to acquire was Vietnamese's love for people watching! To be fair, I am not known to be patient, and prefer to spend time exploring. Exception is when I am stuck on an island / a beach. 

=====

Address
277E Đ. Lê Thánh Tôn, Phường Bến Thành, 
Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam

Map
As above.

Locations for Other Branches.
As above.

Pricing
Moka Catimo Milk Coffee - 66,000 Dong


No comments:

Post a Comment