Tuesday, May 09, 2023

Breakfast Buffet & a Cocktail in Royal Sky Lounge @ Hotel Royal in Chinatown [Bangkok, Thailand]

If not for the heavy downpour in the last morning of our Bangkok trip in February 2023, which messed up my plan to revisit Tee Yok Coffee; I am not likely to pay for buffet breakfast at the Royal Sky Lounge in Hotel Royal Bangkok!

Located on the 14th floor of the hotel, it was blessed with great views of the Yaowarat area in an air-conditioned setting! Alex spent a few mornings up here; just having breakfast for hours and enjoying the panoramas.

Personally, I thought the variety for the buffet breakfast was pathetic; it's your normal selections like bread, cereal, salad, cooked food, fruits etc but limited although at 250 baht a person, I shouldn't be complaining. 

I am a boring guy anyway; toast with jam and butter, plus sunny side up would be enough for me. However, for something that I paid extra for; having a nice surprise will be even more satisfying! 

Sadly, the soup failed to impress; waffle was cold and soggy; even the fruits didn't appeal. Bananas would have been a better option to fill up the remaining spaces in my tummy.

Yaowarat is more happening at night but if you need some place to chill, the same Royal Sky Lounge would be a good option. As our accommodation was Hotel Royal Bangkok, we took the opportunity to check it out at night, where I had a cocktail (Royal Old Fashion) whereas Alex had a Caesar salad.

My drink was fab even though I was more impressed with the Caesar salad; it was incredibly delicious! To the extent I believe Alex would return just to eat it again in our upcoming visit to Bangkok. Menus as attached for your reference. 

=====

Address
14th Floor, 409 PGR5+6W4 421 ถ. เยาวราช 
Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100, Thailand

Pricing
Royal Old Fashion - 280 Baht
Caesar Salad - 240 Baht
Buffet Breakfast - 250 Baht
(Inclusive of Service Charge and GST)

No comments:

Post a Comment