Sunday, May 28, 2023

Haircut at Hai Barber Shop at District One of Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) in Vietnam

In all honesty, Alex doesn't really spend much when he is overseas as he doesn't buy souvenirs and can literally stay in the hotel room the entire day. However, there's one thing he will try to do when out of the country; have a hair cut!

Since it was our last day in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC), he decided to cast his lot for Hai Barber Shop, which was right next to Cho Thai Binh, where I had my first bun thit nuong

Draped in what appeared to be an emperor robe, I frankly can't imagine how he can be relaxing over who cut his hair. I am super particular as a bad haircut is an extremely stressful affair, and I look a lot worse with short hair. 

And wouldn't language be a barrier for correct, precise instruction on how want your hair cut!? I don't know how Alex achieves that as he seldom has very bad haircut; the worst that could happen was that the hair was shaved a bit too short and even then; he still looks good. Life is unfair! 

The barber was equipped with the necessary tools that were all within reach! The scissors appeared to be from some designer brand although I am just guessing here.

I was wondering why there were chirping every now and then! Turned out there were two bird cages which I had assumed to be decorative in nature. There were indeed two living birds yet strangely, their chirping wasn't exceptionally loud.

60,000 Vietnamese dong for a haircut; that's less than S$4.00! 
And Alex seemed pretty pleased with his new hairdo. No picture though. 

=====

Address
126 Đ. Cống Quỳnh, Phường Phạm Ngũ Lão, 
Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam

Map
As above.


No comments:

Post a Comment