Thursday, October 19, 2017

Rum & Raisin Frappe at Point Cafe in Indomaret Ground Zero Convenience Store behind Sari Club Memorial @ Legian [Bali, Indonesia]

While paying my respects at the sari club memorial which was built as a reminder for those who perished in the 2002 Bali bombings, I was suddenly taken by an immense urge to release the pee in my bladder! 

Boy was I ecstatic to see a sign right behind the memorial that indicated available washrooms on the second floor of a Indomaret convenience store!  

It was Alex's turn after I am done with my "release" and I took the opportunity to linger around the store. Nothing much for me to buy although I did notice a cafe that was stationed within the store. 

Coffee to the Point - now, I don't really go for coffee as my preference has always been the local Singaporean / Malaysian style of coffee with condensed milk. However, I am always keen for ice blended coffee, especially if the weather is hot! 

Would have opted for my usual caramel frappe if not for the notice and pull up banner publicizing a rum & raisin frappe! I love rum and raisin ice cream and wondered if this would be as good as the ice cream version.

Let's not waste time while waiting for the frappe; ample seating both indoor and outdoor! It's also a WiFi zone (didn't try it as I was on StarHub Data Travel) and there are power points for you to charge your mobile devices. 

Ready and couldn't wait to try it! 

Took a deep, long sip and I must admit it tasted as good as rum and raisin ice cream in blended, drinkable form and featured the little bites of raisins! Refreshing and you know what's the best thing? It cost only 15,000 rupiahs (about S$1.50) after a 50% discount! 

=====

Location
Jl. Raya Kuta, Kuta, 
Kabupaten Badung, 
Bali 80361, Indonesia

Drink Menu 
As above. Frappes cost only 30,000 rupiahs and you can get other interesting flavours like choco banana and avocadoffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment