Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Pranakorn Noodle Restaurant & Roti & Tea Cafe @ Mixt Chatuchak in Bangkok [Thailand]

I can't imagine having lunch in many of the eateries at Chatuchak Weekend Market as they are mainly hot, and humid outdoors, and rescue came from the nearby, fully air-conditioned Mixt Chatuchak

Honestly, I could have gone back to having krapow at the food court but no, I am feeling adventurous and decided to check out this popular eatery on the ground level by the name of Pranakorn Noodle Restaurant, and is seemingly connected to the adjacent Roti & Tea Cafe.

Thai Milk Tea Iced - I love the signature tea flavor from Thai milk tea although their sweetness is extremely off-putting. My request for less sweetness often didn't result in much change but this shop heeded my request and this was simply perfect for me! 

Dried Noodles Pork - requested for large with egg noodle, which I assumed should be relatively safe, and it did look promising with many slices of pork and pork balls.

The first thing that hit me after taking a bite was the sweetness from the dark sauce, followed by spiciness that ended with nuttiness from the chunky peanut bits; can't really taste the usual nice flavor from egg noodle and the pork was a tad too porky for my liking. 

Banana Roti with Cheese - we got this from the adjacent Roti & Tea Cafe since I wasn't quite satisfied with my noodle. I have always told my friends that Thai pancake is literally roti prata with condensed milk, although the use of condensed milk wasn't as much practised in Singapore in the past. 

OMG, I love this! They weren't as liberal with the condensed milk (Thai loves sweet stuff) and I love the crispy outside, soft fluffy inside texture! Best decision I made was to have this with cheese as the sweetness (from banana and condensed milk) was dampened by the saltiness from the cheese yet resulted in a perfect balance between the tastes! 

=====

Maybe next time, I would drop by for the thai milk tea and banana roti with cheese first before I kick start my shopping at Chatuchak Weekend Market

Address
Ground Level of Mixt Chatuchak
8 Kamphaeng Phet 3 Rd, Chatuchak, 
Bangkok 10900, Thailand

Menu

As above

Pricing
Thai Milk Tea Iced - 60 baht 
Dried Noodles Pork - 85 baht
Banana Roti with Cheese - 80 baht 

No comments:

Post a Comment