Thursday, September 05, 2024

蓬萊摩沙烘培坊 Kong Kee - Taiwanese Pastries as Local Food Souvenirs, including Pineapple Cake @ Taipei in Taiwan

I am obsessed with the pineapple cakes from Taiwan and my favorite back then was from Chia Te Bakery! For my trip to Taiwan late last year, I had plans to stock up from Chia Te again but lo and behold, the entire tour was brought to this bakery known as Kong Kee (蓬萊摩沙烘培坊).

Honestly, I have never heard of this bakery and a check on Google Map indicated only one google review. From the view of the store, it appeared to serve only one target group; tourists like us! 

Nevertheless, we had to "support" our beloved tour guide and it's "nice" to see so many products on display, for sale; nice as in I can literally spend a fortune here for my family and friends back in Singapore. p.s. the number labels don't correspond to popularity.

They were indicative of the number on the order list, and if you look closer, there were sixty items to choose from, categorized into five broad categories that included, aside from pineapple cake, mung bean cakes, taro pastries, sun cakes, cheese bar, nougats, crisps, jellies etc.

Best thing about such tourist shops; the availability of sampling, which made it so much easier for me to make a decision! After much indulging, the decision was made. Pineapple cakes appealed to me as the skin was softer and the flavor was addictively good; the cheese sticks were deliciously cold, like ice cream, and the salted egg crisp was memorable! 

Total damage: almost S$180!  
My dad literally jaw-dropped. 

=====

Address
71號1樓, SongJiang Rd, 
Zhongshan District, Taipei City,
10491, Taiwan, 

Map 
As above.

Website
You can actually order to Singapore via this website and I am so tempted. Missed the pineapple cake, which was my breakfast snack (a few minutes in the air-fryer to warm it up) for the first few weeks after I returned from Taiwan


No comments:

Post a Comment