Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Tai Wah Pork Noodle at Straits Food Village in Changi Airport Terminal 2 Transit Area [Singapore]

I might have enjoyed my trips to Vietnam so far but as far as food is concerned, there's always an insatiable craving for local Singapore food when I was in Vietnam! 

Knowing that my trip to Danang spanned eight long days, I pulled Alex up to level three of the transit area of Changi International Airport Terminal 2. To be honest, I don't understand why travelers don't usually make it a point to explore every nook and cranny of our marvelous airport! 

So what's on level three? There's this food court where you can get some local grub! Prices are expectedly much more expensive than the public food courts outside the transit / departure lounge area but I always prefer to check in earlier, and relax before boarding the plane.

My choice of local dish? The signature Tai Wah Pork Noodle that cost me S$10! I was honestly contemplating between kaya butter toasts and noodles and it's my recent yearning for noodles that won the battle! 

Opting for mee pok, the noodles were cooked al-dente and mixed in with a rich, vinegarish, spicy sauce that not only awakened the morning palate, but also appetizing to the taste buds. Slurpy and shiok! 

For S$10, I would say there were a lot of "liao" (ingredients); large wantons, four deliciously soft pork balls, many large pieces of crispy pork lard, thick cuts of crispy fried sole fish etc. Soup was nicely flavored although I am more into noodles, than soup. 

Would I be back again for Tai Wah Pork Noodle? I would but maybe I would go for its neighborhood stalls next time. S$10 is indeed pricey for a bowl of local noodles! 

=====

Address
Changi International Airport Terminal 2,
Transit Level 3, Departure Lounge (Central),
Within Straits Food Village Food Court

Pricing
Signature Tai Wah Pork Noodle - S$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment