Saturday, March 23, 2024

Xiang Xiang Fishball Noodle 香香 @ Chong Pang Hawker Centre in Yishun [Singapore] #chongpanghawkercentre

Would you remember what were the things you ate very often when you are a child? There were a few for me but one that particularly stands out was the fishball noodle from a stall at Chong Pang Hawker Centre! 

Located right next to Xu Zhong Xing satay, I loved the fishball noodle so much that I can eat it a few times a week! Strangely, I don't enjoy fishballs but the noodle was what attracted me! The stall owner  /chef then had since passed on and the baton was passed over to his brother / brother in law.

The noodle still exuded moments filled with good, old nostalgia although texture appeared to be "harder". Nonetheless, the wait on weekends can be very long and ours came only after 45 minutes!

What I love most about the fishball noodle from Xiang Xiang, was the concoction of sauce that coated the strands of noodle, making them slurpy yet addictively delicious! The only thing that needed improvement, aside from the texture, would be the pathetic serving of crispy pork lard! The more the merrier! 

When I was a kid, one bowl of fishball noodle cost S$2.00 and with the inflation we are seeing nowadays, you would be surprised that we only paid S$3.50 that included a bowl of soup comprising of fish balls, meat balls, dumpling and slices of fish cake! 

Even though I am not a fan of fish balls, the ones from Xiang Xiang were popular enough to warrant purchases of uncooked fish balls during the lunar new year period so that you can indulge them for steamboat for reunion dinner! Three words to describe them; bouncy, smooth, tasty! p.s. personally, I still prefer meat balls...

Almost licked clean! 
The last time I had it could have been a decade ago! 
Problem: I don't think I can endure such a long wait! 

=====

Address
104 Yishun Ring Rd, #01-177, 
Chong Pang Hawker Centre,
Singapore 760104

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Fishball Noodle - S$3.50

No comments:

Post a Comment