Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Meat Skewers near Hanoi Old Quarter Weekend Night Market in Vietnam

The allure of grilled meat never fails to catch the attention of my nose and like a dog, I sniffed and found the source from the above kind-looking lady! I looked at her and without a missing a beat; I asked to her one stick of grilled meat.

Honestly, I am putting all my faith in her as I don't know what meat was used and it's a well known fact that dog meat isn't that uncommon as a protein source in Vietnam. p.s. chanced upon one such shop on the same day when we explored Phung Hung Street Art Murals.

Turned out this mobile stall was from the shop with yellow signage. Despite its name, it appeared to be more a banh mi stall. Reviews online were pretty average at about 3.5 but the pricing was the main attraction with the most expensive banh mi costing just 30,000 dong (about S$1.60), and the location was darn centralized. 

Coming back to the grilled meat; costing 20,000 dong, it was like satay with thicker chunks of meat. Juiciness it sure was but the taste was more savory whereas satay and moo ping tend to be sweeter. I still can't be 100% sure about what kind of meat; my suspicion told me it was pork. 


No comments:

Post a Comment