Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Food at Light Cruise in Halong Bay @ Vietnam

Food, not buffet, was included as part of our day tour to Halong Bay, on board Light Cruise; one of many, many cruise ships that sailed within the UNESCO World Heritage bay. 

Shortly after we board, we were shared a plate of cut cucumbers, carrots etc. As the table was good for six persons, do note that this small plate was to be shared among all six of us! Given how hungry I was, I was half expecting this plate to be for one person!

Don't ask me why pineapples were served next since fruits should likely be last. Yellowish and crunchy, I would love to have more but once such plate, again, was to be shared. 

Before I could grab my camera, the plate of steamed prawns was already down to the three in the above photograph. Two words to describe the taste; so fresh! With freshness come sweetness, it was delicious!

Neutral with this fish dish.
p.s. not a huge fish fan.

Anything deep fried would be well loved by me! 

The squid was mindboggling good; the texture was tender, not rubbery and it had the sweet taste of seafood, departing from the normal where the taste of squid was rarely very strong. This was the first time I had such memorable squid, that wasn't deep fried. 

Worst was the clams; fishy! 

Our lunch, which included plain rice and even a plate of stir fried cabbage. Frankly, the food wasn't sufficient for me. Drinks were not included; hence, be prepared to pay like 40,000 dong for beer or 30,000 dong for soft drinks. 

After the last itinerary for the day tour, a plate of watermelon, and biscuits were placed on our table. A sweet conclusion to the trip, although I would love to have some ice creams instead. 

=====

Part of Halong Bay Day Tour on Light Cruise! 


No comments:

Post a Comment