Thursday, November 23, 2023

Sen Spa @ Hanoi in Vietnam

Near Hotel Bonsella in Hanoi was a spa / massage parlour that looked kind of expensive as compared to its other competitors along the hang hanh stretch. But the reviews of 4.8 from over 1,000 reviewers for Sen Spa was so impressive; we decided to check it out! 

Overall interior design was nice without screams uptight luxury, and all the lady staff wore traditional Vietnamese attire known as ao dai. Special mention to this particular staff who spoke excellent English and had wonderful customer service! p.s. forgot to get her name.

I signed up for the Vietnamese Body Massage for 60 minutes at 390,000 dong and similar to Thai massage, the feet was washed before we were brought to our bed, which was set in a quiet, soothing environment with no funny smell.

No picture for the massage I had but overall, this Vietnamese massage was more to spread the soreness, instead of the numerous cracks I personally prefer from Thai massages. Another thing I didn't enjoy was the masseur attempted to lift me up, using my back, with her feet. The risk of imbalance was terrifying! 

However, a few things made the massage memorable.

The used heated herb pillows for the stomach and then for the back and neck. Hot towel was also used to wipe my body and feet. Best of all, they served us tea, and a generous serving of biscuits after my session! 

What caught my attention was when they served this bowl of I-don't-know-what pellets. Turned out they were sugar coated lotus seeds which were so addictive; I requested for another serving which they gladly, and kindly, acceded to! 

Reservation is strongly recommended and you do so by scanning this QR code using your WhatsApp and indicate your name, service, duration, date and people. By the way, Sen means lotus, the national flower for Vietnam. 

Note: there is only one branch.
So do note to visit the correct one! 

=====

Address
38 Hang Hanh, Hang Trong,
Hoan Kiem, Hanoi City, Vietnam

Google Map
As above. 

Treatment Menu
As above.

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment