Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Eyes in the Sky - Bangkok on a Clear Day

Bangkok is a much desired destination for me whenever i want to travel out of Singapore and i am such a frequent visitor that i don't even bother to generate a detailed itinerary! Photo taking is also generally limited to new places or updates.

The section under "the eyes in the sky" has also been neglected but in my recent departure from Bangkok, i had to scramble for the camera in my bag as the sight next to me was in one word; spectacular!

Many times, when i arrived / departed from the capital of Thailand, it was always cloudy and visibility from the sky was less than optimal. However, this time is not the same as i can literally soak in the entire cityscape! 

See, that's Lebua State Tower with its iconic golden dome and in front of it is actually Bangkok's newest luxury shoping centre; ICONSIAM

Did you manage to spot the grand palace which is somewhere in the middle, next to the 372-kilometer-long chao phraya river?! You can spot a lot of them on google map although nothing beats seeing using your own eyes! 

More photos! I am so sad my Nikon D750 is no longer with me as my ageing D7100 couldn't perform as well in zooming in to capture greater detail of the sights below the AirAsia plane. :(

Bang Kachao - the green lung of Bangkok and a place vastly different from the infamous jams and high density of buildings elsewhere in the capital. Maybe i should drop by on my next visit! 

Agricultural lands in the southern part of Bangkok; i think it's the Samut Sakhon province known for its sea salt production and the village above should be Baan Sa Kla Village. 

Onward to the gulf of thailand!

No comments:

Post a Comment