Tuesday, April 30, 2019

My Birthday - Last Year Before The Next Milestone! #whiterabbitcandycake #thepinegardencakes

I just celebrated my birthday around a week ago and it was a bitter sweet affair; while i was glad to survive another year (for better or for worse), 2019 would also make it the last year i am in my 30s!

Nevertheless, life goes on and frankly, we only live once. We should make full use of our short time in life to enjoy as much as we could, within our capability of course. 

Since i don't want to stress myself by baking my own birthday cake, my family got me the white rabbit candy cake from The Pine Garden! It evokes a lot of nostalgia for my siblings and parents as white rabbit was one of the few sweets we enjoyed when we were young! 

The only thing i didn't quite like was the addition of marshmallows! For me, usage for marshmallows should be limited only for barbecue. Anyway, i can still scrape them away and pass it over to the kids, so no big issue here. 

Jovyn was eagerly waiting for me to finish my birthday wish; so that she can proceed to compete with me to blow out the candles! Awww, the kids are growing up so fast. In another few years' time, we might not even want to spend time with his uncle me. 

Cake was good; not cloyingly sweet with a light, palatable cream in between each layer. So what makes it a white rabbit candy cake? In addition to the two pieces of sweets in wrappers on top, there were also bits of soft candy buried in the cream. To be frank, they didn't make much of a difference to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment