Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Yang Cheng Lin Pancake (杨承琳面煎粿)@ GHK 407 Food House in Ang Mo Kio [Singapore]

Rainie Yang Cheng Lin is famous celebrity from Taiwan but imagine my surprise to find a pancake stall in an Ang Mo Kio coffee shop that bears the same name; okay, almost the same since the second Chinese character was written differently despite sounding the same.

The name of a stall doesn't matter to me anyway since the local pancakes, affectionately known as min jiang kueh, are desserts I do crave for on a pretty regular basis, and the reason why I am not eating more is due to weight control! 

But, if my mom was with me; I will usually buy as she indulges in pancakes just like me, and it always feels a lot more liberated when someone is willing to share the "sin"; i.e. fats! 

Peanut Pancake - crisped on the edges, the batter was soft and not overly thick like the famous ones from Munchi Pancakes. Furthermore, this pancake was packed with a substantial layer of grated peanuts with sugar, and likely a dash of salt between its folds, that interestingly elevated its palatability.

Coconut Pancake - peanut was good and I had equally high expectations for this coconut one. Which paled in comparison. Maybe due to the comparatively bland filling, I can actually discern the alkaline taste of the batter. It wasn't bad for me since I am neutral towards it but I know of friends who hate the "kee" taste. 

=====

Address
407 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10,
#01-733, GHK 407 Food House,
Singapore 560407

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Peanut Pancake - S$1.20
Coconut Pancake - S$1.20

No comments:

Post a Comment