Monday, September 14, 2026

Jewel Rain Vortex Before It Starts Operations @ Changi Airport in Singapore

The world’s tallest indoor waterfall doesn't run continuously 24 hours a day and if you are unlucky to arrive between 10pm to 10am; appeared in front of you was literally a butt hole. 

So I went down all the way to the base of that substantial glass surrounded toilet bowl to see what's in it since I don't recall ever seeing it without water swishing everywhere with great force, as if it was on continuous flush mode. 

Honestly, looked a bit futuristic, almost spaceship like. I recall a documentary by ChannelNewsAsia that maintenance staff would step in to conduct routine servicing. How did they go in? Abseiling down? Or there's a service shaft on the floor?

Well, can't do more photo-taking since water had started rolling down the sides of the gigantic glass toilet chamber. It's 10.00am and the rain vortex, not toilet bowl, would be starting operations, to the joy of many foreigners waiting for the majestic moment. 

First up, some mysterious mumbo jumbo first.
The swirls of smoke rising from the bottom.

I can't hear much from the basement but there's supposed to be some music playing if you are on the ground floor and above. If I recall correctly,  there's also a light show but that's limited to 8pm at night. 

Full operations of the rain vortex.
Can't see shit, literally. 

=====

Location
78 Airport Boulevard,
Singapore 819666

No comments:

Post a Comment