On my last trip to Bangkok, I stayed a total of nine nights! Given that it's a ten-day journey with no change in hotels, I opted for a slightly better one that was close to public transportation.
The area that I was drawn to was Asoke; an interchange with both BTS (Asok) and MRT (Sukhumvit) stations; there were numerous options and the one that caught my eye was Montraj Continent Sukhumvit Bangkok!
Located less than 200 meters from Asok BTS station and less than 150 meters from Sukhumvit MRT station, it was mainly a sheltered walk with just about 50 meters of unsheltered arena that's easily manageable in event of bad weather.
Entering the lobby; classy design with a nice fragrance. It didn't feel exceptionally crowded throughout the ten days we were there, even though there were 153 rooms in the 38-floor hotel that was built in 2012, and last renovated this year.
Infused water for guests; as this was placed at a location not next to the main entrance, I totally forgot about its existence until towards the end of our stay.
Collected what's necessary before taking the lift. Beware, only two lifts serving the tall building and the wait can be long during peak hours as they get full pretty fast!
Are you particular about the corridors on the level of your hotel room? I am and it's sad that there aren't that many reviews with photographs of them since I prefer brightly lit corridors that are wide, preferably with natural sunlight or at the very least, white lights. Above is fine for me.
Room 2702
A few knocks and we were in! Our 28 square-meter continent king room on the 27th floor for the next nine nights. Fingers crossed that it would be a comfortable stay that would help to address my sleep that had been torturing me for the past year.
Big enough table for my laptop with two portable screens; checked. Electric kettle; checked. Mini fridge in the cupboard for my yogurt drink and fruits; checked.
International power sockets available for our 3-pin plugs. There's netflix on our smart TV and the previous occupant forgot to sign out of his / her account! Wi-Fi was strong enough for me to remote in to my work laptop for work matters!
In room safe; double checked! As I do bring my personal laptop when I am overseas, this is important. The hotel even included an umbrella even though the rain wasn't at the scale as the one hitting Bangkok now that resulted in massive flooding.
Our city view which wasn't as breathtaking.
Washroom with a walk-in shower. Both Alex and I love it for a few reasons; there's a bidet spray for our big business, the towels and floor mat were of high quality and bloody thick, the water pressure was strong, and the rainfall shower was just so therapeutic!
Lastly, this must be one of the best toilet paper I have seen in hotels.
Thick, patterned, embossed, and a luxury for my tender ass.
Located on the 36th floor, it's the only facility on the floor that opened daily from 6am till 10pm, and it can get quite eerie at night or when you are alone.
Not huge but I was already happy with the equipment provided, even though there were limited treadmills with just two or three. Well, the Benchakitti Wald Park is just 500 meters away.
No service staff on standby and you may help yourself to the towels and bottled water. When I ran out of bottled water in my hotel room, this was the place where I topped up. p.s. I only took one if needed.
View in front of me whenever I jogged, where you can see the train tracks and even parts of Asok BTS station. The hotel I would love to stay at is Solaria Nishitetsu Hotel Bangkok; directly connected to the BTS station, the hotel room rate was over my budget. :(
One floor above the gym, at 37th, would be the H2O pool and bar!
Not a huge pool but should you just want to relax by the relaxing blue pool, with a cocktail, it would definitely be a good choice, especially when you are so high up in the building.
Catch the sunset if you are lucky!
Pool usage (open from 8am till 11pm) and the drink menu for your reference. As I wasn't allowed to drink alcohol for more than a month, I didn't explore the bar at night. So craving for beer!
Breakfast Buffet
Our room didn't come with free breakfast. However, we did pay for hotel breakfast on two days, and it cost 600 baht each time for one person, and 1,000 baht for two persons.
Operating from 6am till 12pm at the Axis and Spin restaurant on the 38th floor of Montraj Continent Sukhumvit Bangkok, choose the correct tables for either the city view or the combined city with pool view. p.s. not a lot of seatings available.
Food options for your reference.
Not a wide variety but I am good.
There wasn't an egg station but the waitresses on duty would ask if you would like any eggs, and they came with the usual selections of fried, sunny side up, scrambled or omelette.
What I had.
I was most impressed with the fruit counter and a huge percentage of my food intake came from fruits. They tasted so good and not your conventional, boring oranges and apples. Yummy guava, rambutans, longans and rock melons!
My favorite had to be their mangosteens! Sadly, I think I cleared out their entire stock on the first morning as I couldn't find more mangosteens the next day. I had to resort to buying from supermarkets and street hawkers as I couldn't stop craving for the queen of fruits for the rest of my stay.
There's also a rooftop bar above the restaurant which looked cool from the poster in the lifts. Pity I can't drink but I am sharing the poster as above for your reference.
=====
A stay I would remember for a long time for the reasons I have shared in my post so far. Now, I also mentioned sleep that I hoped would be improved. Bed was indeed comfortable and I did achieve sleep scores above 80 on Ultrahuman ring app although it deteriorated towards the end of my holiday; guess it had to do with the stress of having to go back to work again. Alex was 101% pleased with the bed, and the hotel.
413 Sukhumvit Rd, Khlong Toei Nuea,
Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Map
As above.
Website
Continent King - S$91.26 a night
(via Agoda.com)

















































No comments:
Post a Comment